New Everton Stadium Discussion

I see it’s now being reported that we do not have a fixed price contract with LOR but that we have a fixed margin contract. If true then we are going to pick up the additional material costs…ffs DBB…..
That Matt Hughes in the Daily Heil lies more than Kenwright and the Everton board of directors - I wouldn’t believe a word he prints on that rag mate.

Never believe everything you read on the Internet Peter
To be fair, there's no way the contract will be completely fixed at a specific price. There will be an element of wriggle room for LoR. They have probably been able to agree a figure for the build allowing for say 5-10% movement in materials prices due to the fact they are using off-site construction and started producing elements and stockpiling materials early in the build. They will have done the same for all sorts of things but I certainly expect some parts of the build, particularly the fit-out, could be subject to potential price increases. That being said, LoR will be trying to nail down their sub-contractors to as fixed a price as they possible as early as they could.

There will be plenty of items priced into the risk register and volatility surrounding materials prices would have been one of them. I've no doubt the club and LoR will have some sort of cost sharing agreement in place. If prices for something suddenly drop over a certain level they can offer that back as a saving to the club. Conversely, if prices increase beyond a certain amount then LoR would look to be reimbursed.

Obviously any changes in design, and the additional costs associated with it, would fall wholly on the club.

To be fair, there's no way the contract will be completely fixed at a specific price. There will be an element of wriggle room for LoR. They have probably been able to agree a figure for the build allowing for say 5-10% movement in materials prices due to the fact they are using off-site construction and started producing elements and stockpiling materials early in the build. They will have done the same for all sorts of things but I certainly expect some parts of the build, particularly the fit-out, could be subject to potential price increases. That being said, LoR will be trying to nail down their sub-contractors to as fixed a price as they possible as early as they could.

There will be plenty of items priced into the risk register and volatility surrounding materials prices would have been one of them. I've no doubt the club and LoR will have some sort of cost sharing agreement in place. If prices for something suddenly drop over a certain level they can offer that back as a saving to the club. Conversely, if prices increase beyond a certain amount then LoR would look to be reimbursed.

Obviously any changes in design, and the additional costs associated with it, would fall wholly on the club.

Didn't the club say a while back that all structural supplies were already manufactured? If I did recall that right then it can only be the fitting out and who knows how much those materials have already been prepurchased.

Therefore could be clickbait, things could swing here and there but we wouldn't be talking about tens/hundreds of millions of pounds to be added on to the bill.

Didn't the club say a while back that all structural supplies were already manufactured? If I did recall that right then it can only be the fitting out and who knows how much those materials have already been prepurchased.

Therefore could be clickbait, things could swing here and there but we wouldn't be talking about tens/hundreds of millions of pounds to be added on to the bill.

The only way the bill increases is through change orders that are made by the club. If the price drops, then LoR are only able to claim no more than a set maximum percentage of extra profit, the rest is returned to the club (to discourage use of sub-optimal materials).
The vast majority of materials will have been ordered and price agreed due to the use of BIM modeling throughout all stages. The building has been built entirely already, only digitally. The model is made up of model objects that accurately reflect the real life objects they represent. For e.g. each copper elbow in the BIM model contains the insert length to allow for added length requirement of the straight length.

Whenever I see this amazing stadia all I have to say is THANK YOU Sir Farhad.

Boy done good with this. I have always maintained short of relegating/bankrupting us I can accept a serious downturn now to have that stadium and a chance of a better future. Of course we are sailing pretty close to the wind in regard to my minimum requirements but hopefully we can avoid that reappraisal.

While I don't think he'll ever be viewed warmly I hope supporters in time will come to see he was someone who wanted what we all wanted (to make us a force in the game) and it never quite worked and if it wasn't for a few sliding door moments we may have gone on to have been that. It was really that close.
At the end of the day he will have a legacy to be proud of as players and seasons come and go but this will be with Everton for a hundred years or more, compared to Kenwright’s one cup final and blue gravel.

Boy done good with this. I have always maintained short of relegating/bankrupting us I can accept a serious downturn now to have that stadium and a chance of a better future. Of course we are sailing pretty close to the wind in regard to my minimum requirements but hopefully we can avoid that reappraisal.

While I don't think he'll ever be viewed warmly I hope supporters in time will come to see he was someone who wanted what we all wanted (to make us a force in the game) and it never quite worked and if it wasn't for a few sliding door moments we may have gone on to have been that. It was really that close.
At the end of the day he will have a legacy to be proud of as players and seasons come and go but this will be with Everton for a hundred years or more, compared to Kenwright’s one cup final and blue gravel.

How was it ever close to that?