New Everton Stadium Discussion

Some just won't lose the idea that we are moving into a brand spanking shiny new state of the art stadium on the beautiful Mersey seafront instead of staying in L4.

Gonna miss Goodison but some still think we could stay and redevelop it.

Some folks gotta move on.
I think I saw an overlay of Bramley Apple stadium and Goodison, and GP was tiny.

I think I saw an overlay of Bramley Apple stadium and Goodison, and GP was tiny.

I reckon every stand is taller than the top balcony back row.

Just looking at the bases of the new east and west stands shows how big the new ground really is. I also seem to remember images showing that each stand other than the centre portion of the north stand is taller than the top balcony, but I’m sure one of our construction experts will confirm or deny…..

edit…

1675783617938.jpeg

Just looking at the bases of the new east and west stands shows how big the new ground really is. I also seem to remember images showing that each stand other than the centre portion of the north stand is taller than the top balcony, but I’m sure one of our construction experts will confirm or deny…..

edit…

View attachment 203857

Nice one for the photo matey. Much appreciated.

New stadium is huge!!

edit…

View attachment 203857

Sadly that's the original reveal April 2018 (60,000).

I still don't see it myself that BMD is going to be taller than the main stand TB

It is entirely possible to be both excited and fully accepting of BMD and still have some reservations and concerns about certain aspects of it. It is also entirely possible that redevelopment could've been the better option in terms cost and certainly in terms of preservation of history and heritage. The value of that and BMD's obvious benefits are not mutually exclusive realities.
The reality is the decision has been made .
We've done the "stay at Goodison" to death tbh , that was a debate that should now be put to bed & fully embrace the move to our super new home.
The vast majority of our fans are fully on board with this.

edit…

View attachment 203857
That’s a slightly misleading image though, as it’s been proven several times on these very pages that a regular sized pitch will not fit within the BMD footprint.

Sadly that's the original reveal April 2018 (60,000).

I still don't see it myself that BMD is going to be taller than the main stand TB
It is, as @The binman chronicles has shown.

I reckon every stand is taller than the top balcony back row.
The stands will be taller than that, yes. And all but the North Stand's back rows will be higher than the Top Balcony's back rows.

The reality is the decision has been made .
We've done the "stay at Goodison" to death tbh , that was a debate that should now be put to bed & fully embrace the move to our super new home.
The vast majority of our fans are fully on board with this.

Yes, decisions have been made by some of the same people who run the club into the ground for decades, and similarly by those who have presided over the same frivolous on-pitch financial planning disaster that has nearly sunk us..... and who are currently being told to leave as abject failures.

So, while embracing a vision is all well and good, I'd rather do so whilst reserving judgement. We've still no idea how the financial plan adds up, nor have we secured funding.... on top of that, since the decision by the serial failures of a board, the cost has apparently increased by 50% and the fella who was going to be providing sponsorship to cover the balance of the costs (of the £500m version), is now sanctioned.

Yes, decisions have been made by some of the same people who run the club into the ground for decades, and similarly by those who have presided over the same frivolous on-pitch financial planning disaster that has nearly sunk us..... and who are currently being told to leave as abject failures.

So, while embracing a vision is all well and good, I'd rather do so whilst reserving judgement. We've still no idea how the financial plan adds up, nor have we secured funding.... on top of that, since the decision by the serial failures of a board, the cost has apparently increased by 50% and the fella who was going to be providing sponsorship to cover the balance of the costs (of the £500m version), is now sanctioned.

Mate there is about 18 months left of the build.

Its pretty much been funded by Mr Moshiri since the first spade was in the ground. By the sounds of it a new investor will be ponying up the remaining %