New Everton Stadium Discussion

Wonder will they get nailed by the Feds if there is an injunction on the site, many construction company’s take them out these days for projects, if there is they could be done for contempt of court, seems a bit stupid to trespass and then post it on traceable Social media without even an attempt to cover your face. Presuming they did no damage to get in the site or while in it.

Be Lang who might follow this up, they’d have ownership of the site until handover id think.

Trespass isn`t a criminal offence mate, despite the signs, saying trespassers will be prosecuted.

It only becomes a criminal offence, if they steal, damage etc or have items on them, for breaking in, stealing / or causing damage.

They can be banned from the site / ground, but it has to be done via a civil court.

Trespass isn`t a criminal offence mate, despite the signs, saying trespassers will be prosecuted.

It only becomes a criminal offence, if they steal, damage etc or have items on them, for breaking in, stealing / or causing damage.

They can be banned from the site / ground, but it has to be done via a civil court.
Think it was a one off by a couple of wool, thrill seekers who just want the likes.

The law changed a bit in the summer, so that trespassers can now be prosecuted - but only if they intend to stay on the land (in a caravan or whatever), or if they don’t leave when asked - or if they are likely to cause damage, disruption or distress.

Assuming they just had a wander around, as the video suggests - and while no one was there - I don’t think there can be any prosecution.

I can understand why Everton and Laing O’Rourke would want to prevent anyone else doing this, though. Eventually someone with malicious intent will fancy a go. I imagine they will beef up security.

The cheeky buggers who broke in would probably try and sue for compensation had they had an accident. Anyone remember the drunken pair who wanted to sue the waterpark they had broken into?

A pair of drunken intruders are threatening to sue the waterpark they broke into after breaking their legs by going down a slide.

Claire Vickers, 46, and her friend Barry Douglas, 44, were stuck on a slide for two hours after breaking into Aldershot Lido when it was closed.

Claire shattered her ankle and also had her shin bone poking out of her leg, Barry broke both of his ankles and fibular. The pair had got drunk, broke into the Lido, and then went down the waterslide not realising there was a metal barrier placed at the bottom

The law changed a bit in the summer, so that trespassers can now be prosecuted - but only if they intend to stay on the land (in a caravan or whatever), or if they don’t leave when asked - or if they are likely to cause damage, disruption or distress.

Assuming they just had a wander around, as the video suggests - and while no one was there - I don’t think there can be any prosecution.

I can understand why Everton and Laing O’Rourke would want to prevent anyone else doing this, though. Eventually someone with malicious intent will fancy a go. I imagine they will beef up security.
LOR will not be happy and likely pursue a prosecution where possible as they would be liable should one of those clowns have injured themselves while on site.
Disruption & distress would be their route -Disruption - securing the site and having to take additional measures to prevent future entry.
Distress - The client will not be happy as they will have appointed LOR under CDM to be fulfil the client obligations including securing the site.
HSE will be on LORs case for not adequately securing the site too.

In short it’s a load of unnecessary grief for a few likes on some plums TikTok feed.

Yes mate, however you can and a lot of the bigger construction companies on big projects go to court to get an injunction before a high profile project against trespassing. If the site is then trespassed you can be prosecuted for contempt of court as opposed to trespassing if that makes sense. Might not be worth Langs time or cost and don’t even know if there is an injunction.

Not wishing anything bad on the lads, likely just a couple of scallies with a few to many cans on, though they don’t sound local to me.

Aye, it'll be a civil prosecution if there is one, although I sincerely doubt it'll get that far. They'll be banned and will receive an injunction.