New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'd rather we stop building or knock it down than have our first game in a new stadium be as a championship club

I'm like a broken record here, but it is absolutely ridiculous to be prioritising a new stadium when the product on the pitch is so bad

It’s not the stadiums fault though mate.

You can’t say wait only build a new ground when the team is in the top 4. I don’t think it quite works like that.

I dont know, but it is weird how we have declined so quickly basically since we started the stadium project.

It doesn't make sense but i don't know if its a coincidence

I think there’s multiple factors here at play that explain our current situation. None of which I’ll go through here although I would love to see a study or factually confirmed timeline on certain events within the club.

The stadium however is I think separate to performances on the pitch in terms of finance and personnel. The two won’t be reliant on the other within the overall business side of the club. If anything, better performances on the pitch just stand the club in an even greater position once the build is complete.

I genuinely don’t think the club stares at the bank balance and decides whether to buy a striker of fill the dock in with sand, but I could be wrong.

The reason we are terrible on the pitch is because the players are not good enough to do any better. I’d have thought players get better as their careers go on and they learn, practice and improve, but I don’t see any of that.

They all seem to get on with each other okay, and possibly all like and respect Frank, but they are not connecting like other teams seem to be, and it’s showing.

I think there’s multiple factors here at play that explain our current situation. None of which I’ll go through here although I would love to see a study or factually confirmed timeline on certain events within the club.

The stadium however is I think separate to performances on the pitch in terms of finance and personnel. The two won’t be reliant on the other within the overall business side of the club. If anything, better performances on the pitch just stand the club in an even greater position once the build is complete.

I genuinely don’t think the club stares at the bank balance and decides whether to buy a striker of fill the dock in with sand, but I could be wrong.

The reason we are terrible on the pitch is because the players are not good enough to do any better. I’d have thought players get better as their careers go on and they learn, practice and improve, but I don’t see any of that.

They all seem to get on with each other okay, and possibly all like and respect Frank, but they are not connecting like other teams seem to be, and it’s showing.
The board give us stadium updates all the time

Where are the updates on what they are doing to improve the product on the pitch? Why are they not saying our current position and results are totally unacceptable?

The board give us stadium updates all the time

Where are the updates on what they are doing to improve the product on the pitch? Why are they not saying our current position and results are totally unacceptable?

I agree. As much as it’s good what the club are producing for the new stadium as digital content, I don’t think we’ll ever get that sort of level of detail. It’s a private business that sells a product, and how they run it is up to them. Their only danger is their product being boycotted, and we’ve seen how that generally turns out.

It’s interesting how some clubs around the world operate electing presidents and much more political activity. Some clubs are owned by fans. But I don’t think we’ll see that here.

Football is well bent!