New Everton Stadium Discussion

Makes perfect sense and will have little to do with the club and more to do with the construction contractor and H&S compliance.
The club has plenty of short coming to gripe about but this isn’t one, as disappointing as losing the updates will be.
If the club had installed the webcams they told us they would, we wouldn't be relying on these third-parties for footage.

So the club is to blame, really.

This is a historic period in the club's history, and they aren't documenting it anything like as well as they should be.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for people undertaking a massive construction to not want random drones flying overhead. I'm surprised there hasn't been a crackdown before now. I'm pretty sure Laing O'Rourke don't want this happening. It's ridiculous to call the club a shambles for this.

In saying that, it would be good if they came to an arrangement with someone to do a controlled/official regular flight - or else put stadium cams up.
Its a fair point while the site is being worked but those that are choosing a Sunday when the site is empty, then what would be the issue?

Makes perfect sense and will have little to do with the club and more to do with the construction contractor and H&S compliance.
The club has plenty of short coming to gripe about but this isn’t one, as disappointing as losing the updates will be.
Its the "whole" picture it paints of Everton as an organisation so yes there are bigger issues, but there hasnt been a Bigger development, nor opportunity to get us noticed in recent History so they REALLY should be embracing it 100%

iirc there was a point in our stadium construction when drones were banned - might have been when the tower cranes were erected. I can understand how tower cranes and drones might not be a great combination (not that it stopped a couple of people).

What annoys me much more about your stadium is the fact the club has reneged on the promised webcams. The reasons they've given for that (anti-terror stuff) seem like complete BS to me.

The club clearly has use of a drone / video production company with a drone to get those shots.

But take this progress update video

Darren Griffiths is interviewing Steve Farden (Steelwork lead [what ever that means]) and of the 4 minutes 9 second video I would say over 3 minutes is just them on camera talking with a few shots of random people working and bits of steel.

There's probably 30 seconds at most of decent site shots. I don't want to see people talking on camera, if you insist on people talking just wack it over some B roll of nice things to look at.

iirc there was a point in our stadium construction when drones were banned - might have been when the tower cranes were erected. I can understand how tower cranes and drones might not be a great combination (not that it stopped a couple of people).

What annoys me much more about your stadium is the fact the club has reneged on the promised webcams. The reasons they've given for that (anti-terror stuff) seem like complete BS to me.
Wasn’t aware of that tbf, was going to reply saying they haven’t reneged, just the glacial pace at which the club usually move and they’ll likely be online the day after ribbon cutting ceremony

If the club had installed the webcams they told us they would, we wouldn't be relying on these third-parties for footage.

So the club is to blame, really.

This is a historic period in the club's history, and they aren't documenting it anything like as well as they should be.
No it’s ISIS fault apparently (thanks @RobSpurs for the Red E**o link in post #81667)

on serious note, webcam as in live stream has been cancelled by the looks of it, but they are still doing official periodic updates. Just like everything else it’s pretty haphazard and obviously doesn’t meet the thirst for info the construction is generating……. It’s the Everton way.

No it’s ISIS fault apparently (thanks @RobSpurs for the Red E**o link in post #81667)

on serious note, webcam as in live stream has been cancelled by the looks of it, but they are still doing official periodic updates. Just like everything else it’s pretty haphazard and obviously doesn’t meet the thirst for info the construction is generating……. It’s the Everton way.
That's exactly it, the club's media operation is in no way up to the task.

Let the lads fly their drones every Sunday morning. Surely everyone would be happy enough with that.

The drone flyers are annoyed because they make revenue off their videos. The club will just have to start putting out their own drone footage more regularly.