New Everton Stadium Discussion

Seems like that would be a bit pointless and overkill for us like, especially as your end result is the same and we don't have a contract with NFL. Also the extra cost and space we would need to do it would be excessive.

Very cool technology mind.

The roof would've been my preferred option if any.

Real Madrid have proposed a cool solution to removing the pitch. They're stacking it in sections in a trench on the side, that then covers over. With a closing roof too. Lille have a pitch that stacks in halves at one end too also with a closing roof. At £500m + we should at least have a closing roof to protect the front 10-20 rows that will be slightly exposed to rain due to the very high roof line.

Real Madrid have proposed a cool solution to removing the pitch. They're stacking it in sections in a trench on the side, that then covers over. With a closing roof too. Lille have a pitch that stacks in halves at one end too also with a closing roof. At £500m + we should at least have a closing roof to protect the front 10-20 rows that will be slightly exposed to rain due to the very high roof line.
Yeah, like I say, roof would've been my preference and I was surprised we didn't have 1.

The movable pitch, in any format, just seems overkill in terms functionality when the pitch can easily be covered to give u almost the same option.

1643019107177.png

The project manager mentioned in one of the recent videos that the initial structure was about to rise to three storeys shortly, guess this is it in progress. Noticed the second parallel foundation section in the corner has had concrete pumped into it last week too. Probably a structure similar to that above about to appear.

Encouraging progress and certainly look to be on, if not slightly ahead of, schedule.

Yeah, like I say, roof would've been my preference and I was surprised we didn't have 1.

The movable pitch, in any format, just seems overkill in terms functionality when the pitch can easily be covered to give u almost the same option.
Yes, you can cover the pitch short term for one off events, but if you want fuller flexibility over longer periods and more events across the whole year, then a simple cover probably won't really do it. They started off by mentioning multipurpose arena operation, but that seems to have dropped off now.

Yes, you can cover the pitch short term for one off events, but if you want fuller flexibility over longer periods and more events across the whole year, then a simple cover probably won't really do it. They started off by mentioning multipurpose arena operation, but that seems to have dropped off now.
Surely there are some clever solutions to this that don't require huge mechanical devices to remove the pitch. Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture, but I don't see the difference/benefit in a piece by piece covering on a fixed pitch, or a pitch that can be removed piece by piece to reveal a non grass surface. Maybe the cheapest options used elsewhere are not the best option, surely there is a compromise in designing a fully functional removable floor that sits on top? I don't particularly like the idea of a pitch that is not 1 complete surface. Seems like more unnecessary possibilities for problems.