New Everton Stadium Discussion

….it has to be a genuine concern, it would make us the laughing stock in the City resigned to be under the thumb of our neighbours for ever.

The sooner we see it raised to a point of no return the better, this is the only true bit of positivity left.

With this project we are unquestionably entering a period of significant financial peril. It's a high risk, high reward scenario.

I can't see it being mothballed now but actually it wouldn't even be close the ultimate nightmare scenario. That would be pressing on and getting to something like 50% completion before either getting relegated or the overweight Russian pensioner's arteries clogging up beyond repair. Then we really would be in an existential crisis. Stop now on the other hand and we'd have a readily sellable land asset and no significant debts to anyone other than Moshiri. It would just be our hope and pride that would take a battering.

Ultimately we just need to crack on and get this all completed asap before fate or the 11 players on the pitch have an opportunity to kick us in the nuts any harder than the usual routine. 2024 (if we are lucky) seems a bloody long way away at present.

Can anyone remember the name of that dredger that filled the dock.

Remember we were tracking it on the Marine GPS tracking website. Crazy times.

Can anyone remember the name of that dredger that filled the dock.

Remember we were tracking it on the Marine GPS tracking website. Crazy times.

58506D31-2136-4209-8E24-966D126C3AD7.jpeg

Just a question
Has anybody heard a rumour about alternate plans for the infilled dock if the stadium doesn’t go ahead?
Or is someone on a wind-up?

Just a question
Has anybody heard a rumour about alternate plans for the infilled dock if the stadium doesn’t go ahead?
Or is someone on a wind-up?
No but you've just added to the paranoia surrounding everything Everton at the moment.
If the stadium build is paused, mothballed, whatever you want to call it then that's game over for the Everton we know.
For that reason alone, the stadium will be built.

The way things are going currently I doubt I'll ever sit in it.

Feel like just giving up on all things Everton.
Absolutely despise them atm and can't see anything changing anytime soon.

Club is rotten to the core
You're pretty much expressing my feelings here mate. I just can't bring myself to be bothered about Everton anymore. This just doesn't feel like the club I fell in love with back in 1985.

I don't really care too much about glory and succes. Do care about the values a club represents though. Do feel we lost them. Also the reason, I'm quite inactive currently. Not even watching our matches atm, saw quite a bit of the City one, but just feels like I lost the passion. A feeling of indifference and at the same time hoping for that turn around. But in reality, I just can't see it happening.