New Everton Stadium Discussion

You really think? £35m in breach of FFP.

Have we been busted? Looks like we have gotten away with that so they pushed the limits of what we could spend. We took a risk to get Carlo and then try and get him everything he wanted, was anyone complaining when we were second last Christmas? There are lots of faults with the makeup and execution of the board and other employees at the club, but I'm 100% certain that the top brass are trying to deliver what we want.

Walked past BMD before and looks like the dock is now full of sand. I could only see one of the red pumps used used to remove the water and looks like the brown pipes were disconnected and had been laid on top of the sand. Hopefully someone will be able to get a drone up when the weather improves.

Walked past BMD before and looks like the dock is now full of sand. I could only see one of the red pumps used used to remove the water and looks like the brown pipes were disconnected and had been laid on top of the sand. Hopefully someone will be able to get a drone up when the weather improves.
You should have taken one for the team and thrown your mobile over the fence!?

It would be nice to put up the webcams Chong promised us, I think the dock will be filled now. They had already started compacting it and could be close to piling the actual infilled dock....

If any drone guys can help us out it would be much appreciated.

Isn’t the phrase ‘a house built on sand’ used to describe something that is weak and likely to collapse?
Nah, worry not, there's a 50mile (at least) wide block of Sandstone everything sits on.
The Wirral, The River, The City - everything.
95a38432ce608f736883c53e04d59bed--trens-north-west.jpg

The Cathedral is built of it.
The River/ dock wall sits on it, which is why all the sand was pumped in to replace the water so there was always an equal and opposite 100,000 tonnes of water pushing against the river water, then water and sand, then all sand = dock wall stays fixed.
Then a shed load of big holes...800mm 10000mm wide are drilled in the compact sand and into the rocks sheathed in steel pipe, filled with reo bar, then concrete. A flat concrete slab is poured / joined to all those.
Then you build your stadium on that - sorted

Last edited:
Isn’t the phrase ‘a house built on sand’ used to describe something that is weak and likely to collapse?

That is correct, I'm sure you know already that sand is not considered a good for foundations as it shifts, blows/gets washed away. Our stands will sit on deep concrete pillars and the sand is compacted and surrounded by walls so can't move.