New Everton Stadium Discussion

It was 30.

30m was all that was needed to trigger all kinds of EU grants for the bulk of the rest of the build.

Paul and Anita Greg offered to put up the 30 mil for more influence.

Biggest Blue ever Bill quickly invented the Fortress Sports Fund fronted by Chris Samuelson (A lifelong Evertonian! — Until asked at the AGM by a shareholder who scored in the 66 Final..... Silence) and bankrolled by a Russian with "an Encyclopedic knowledge of the game." ) Bill famously announced that the 30m was "ringfenced" and this was enough to convince the Gregs they were never getting the sway they wished for and sold up.

Of course the money wasn't ringfenced.

Of course we lost the available external grants.

We continued on our managed decline with Biggest Blue Bill conducting the orchestra as the ship sank.

Several years later, our former Media Officer (Ian Ross rings a bell) admitted that the Fortress Sports fund was simply a means to an end.

Kenwright is an untreateable cancer.

For all his mistakes, Moshiris biggest was not volleying that absolute fraud into Liverpool Bay as soon as he increased his stake.

We won't progress whilst his stench still patrols the corridors.

And breathe.....
Pretty accurate recollection, Liverpool was available for object 1 funding by the E. U or was it called the EEC then, anyway Paul Gregg offered the £30 million required but Blue Bill declined the offer as he wasn't happy with the terms Gregg wanted, ie he insisted that his company profited from non football events held at the multi functional venue.
Alas we lost the opportunity to move to an iconic stadium for the sake of £30 million......

Pretty accurate recollection, Liverpool was available for object 1 funding by the E. U or was it called the EEC then, anyway Paul Gregg offered the £30 million required but Blue Bill declined the offer as he wasn't happy with the terms Gregg wanted, ie he insisted that his company profited from non football events held at the multi functional venue.
Alas we lost the opportunity to move to an iconic stadium for the sake of £30 million......
But hey, Uncle Cyril.... The Cannonball Kid.

We're so lucky etc.

He cried ‘wolf’ not fox
Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf, Wolf, wolf, wolf, wolf.

If you know, you know

Incorrect.
It's been estimated there are over 11,000 fish of mixed species that live in BMD and they have to be humanely removed.
A license is required for professional contractors to carry out that work, it isn't a simple task.
And until the license is granted and the work completed, absolutely nothing else within the dock can be started.
You put a fishing line in that dock and all you’ll catch is an old pram.

He cried ‘wolf’ not fox
Just seeing who was paying attention.
I suggested you put my on ignore as you initially replied:

"yawn" (Great content btw)

Followed by another post about how:

"It's wearing a bit thin, particularly in the off season" (Not sure why the time of year matters)

I'd wager a fair few posters here are too young to remember the Kings Dock fiasco (That's what it was, a fiasco) and it's important (for me at least) that they are aware of the facts as they happened.

It doesn't have any impact on my 'gusto' for the new season.

If you have an alternate version of events, please share. I'm sure they'd be warmly welcomed.

Cheers.
The reason I yawned is because we get this sort of comment day after day ,the off season remark was -you've guessed it . I too remember a lot further back the troubles the club has had long before the King's dock debacle but if you are worried that younger fans might not know about it then I can assure you they will have read it many times this season or even this month .
In that respect how do you feel it influences them to hear all this discontent and continuous harping on about the past ,sadly ,things that will forever be indelibly etched on our history but can never be changed .Now I am not talking about new news but the same old stuff time and again .

Just seeing who was paying attention.

The reason I yawned is because we get this sort of comment day after day ,the off season remark was -you've guessed it . I too remember a lot further back the troubles the club has had long before the King's dock debacle but if you are worried that younger fans might not know about it then I can assure you they will have read it many times this season or even this month .
In that respect how do you feel it influences them to hear all this discontent and continuous harping on about the past ,sadly ,things that will forever be indelibly etched on our history but can never be changed .Now I am not talking about new news but the same old stuff time and again .
Ok.

I'll pretend we didn't waste a couple of decades progress under his great chairmanship.

Back to the new stadium.

Cheers.

Inconvenient truth / fake news / taken out of context / not the full picture / never happened etc...as more than a few would try to tell you.

When the Hamperman was in charge he went with Wyness to a number of Stadiums in Europe to get ideas for a new Stadium.
Amsterdam was one of the one which impressed.

Wyness wasn't there when Johnson was. He and BK visited a few grounds. Remember seeing photos of them at Shalke. Kings Dock was roughly the same proportions as the Amsterdam Arena in a 2 tier bowl format. There was talk of closing roof and moving pitch etc, but can't remember if either made the final cut.