New Everton Stadium Discussion

It was 30.

30m was all that was needed to trigger all kinds of EU grants for the bulk of the rest of the build.

Paul and Anita Greg offered to put up the 30 mil for more influence.

Biggest Blue ever Bill quickly invented the Fortress Sports Fund fronted by Chris Samuelson (A lifelong Evertonian! — Until asked at the AGM by a shareholder who scored in the 66 Final..... Silence) and bankrolled by a Russian with "an Encyclopedic knowledge of the game." ) Bill famously announced that the 30m was "ringfenced" and this was enough to convince the Gregs they were never getting the sway they wished for and sold up.

Of course the money wasn't ringfenced.

Of course we lost the available external grants.

We continued on our managed decline with Biggest Blue Bill conducting the orchestra as the ship sank.

Several years later, our former Media Officer (Ian Ross rings a bell) admitted that the Fortress Sports fund was simply a means to an end.

Kenwright is an untreateable cancer.

For all his mistakes, Moshiris biggest was not volleying that absolute fraud into Liverpool Bay as soon as he increased his stake.

We won't progress whilst his stench still patrols the corridors.

And breathe.....
And people still defend this absolute tumour on Everton Football Club.

Do we think we get a time lapse camera?
iirc, 3(4?) Yrs ago there was talk on here of some guy saying he had the job to put one in...and Moshiri was going to sit in his Liver Buildings penthouse office in a half egg chair with a white fluffy cat in a Blofeld-esque manner.

Last edited:

Just put me on ignore Blue!

Your life will be far simpler.

No need to confront uncomfortable truths etc.
Why ignore ? don't you think I can decide and then comment .The point I was making is that it is the same old every time and for whatever reason -have a holiday ,refesh and come back with gusto for the next season .
There is a parable about a young boy who cries "Fox " in the end no one listens ,at least I gave you the respect of showing I at least read the post

I started following Everton right around this time and when I really found out the truth about the whole Kings Dock fiasco I am still gobsmacked Bill is even allowed in the club, let alone clapped by a significant amount of people.

And he got away with the whole Kirkby fiasco.

Why ignore ? don't you think I can decide and then comment .The point I was making is that it is the same old every time and for whatever reason -have a holiday ,refesh and come back with gusto for the next season .
There is a parable about a young boy who cries "Fox " in the end no one listens ,at least I gave you the respect of showing I at least read the post
He cried ‘wolf’ not fox

My wet dream of a new location always was (And still is, I can dream!) somewhere in the Everton Brow area, the advantage of that location is we'd be in Everton, highly visible to tourists visiting our fine city as it's on the outskirts of the city centre and about halfway-ish between the city centre and Anfield. RS match away fans and tourists to our city would literally have to travel past the giant new ground (60,000+) of the first club in this city to visit the RS. I think that location is far better than BMD and probably on a par with Kings Dock.

Back from the world of dreams...
I think the loop site fulfilled the same Everton district criteria..... and again, right on top of the city centre.

The site owners spoke to the club and said it was immediately evident that the club was not interested, and that they doubted that they would be able to work with them due to a total lack of professionalism on the club's part.

The club's response at the time was that the site was not big enough, with the HOK outline design capacity only 55k. The site owners stated that it was a sample outline design only and not the maximum capacity for that site. LCC helped facilitate the talks and were looking at ways to stimulate and link-up to the project Jennifer scheme, with a view to other enabling developments around there. Many of which are in place now. Another missed opportunity.

I suggested you put my on ignore as you initially replied:

"yawn" (Great content btw)

Followed by another post about how:

"It's wearing a bit thin, particularly in the off season" (Not sure why the time of year matters)

I'd wager a fair few posters here are too young to remember the Kings Dock fiasco (That's what it was, a fiasco) and it's important (for me at least) that they are aware of the facts as they happened.

It doesn't have any impact on my 'gusto' for the new season.

If you have an alternate version of events, please share. I'm sure they'd be warmly welcomed.

Cheers.

Fully expect Ellis Simms to be back at Finch Farm coaching the youngsters by the time we move in to BMD. DCL and Tom Davies managing the first team too.