New Everton Stadium Discussion

There is no way that UEFA or theFA will allow a league to break away that will financially damage their competitions. This is why they have said they would ban any teams participating in other competitions. Do you really think these clubs will go and play in a Super league that means sacrificing playing in their domestic league - not a chance and if they do it will fail spectacularly. This is designed as a bargaining chip to try and get UEFA to go further in offering them security of participation in the CL.

Totally logical - the only other thought in my mind was - are moshiri/usmanov looking to recover value through the appreciation of the value of the football club or through property development in and around BMD - if the latter then there’s still a logic to go forward with it.

I have to say I wouldn’t be going forward with this with such uncertainty but then im not walking around with a billion quid in my pocket!
That would be my hope too. But realistically the BMD project gets temporarily suspended immediately. How can it not? While this threat hangs over football and the value of this club could drastically reduce based on the decisions of 6 greedy club owners, no way things carry on as normal until we get some clarity.

That would be my hope too. But realistically the BMD project gets temporarily suspended immediately. How can it not? While this threat hangs over football and the value of this club could drastically reduce based on the decisions of 6 greedy club owners, no way things carry on as normal until we get some clarity.
Because the Super league will dead in the water before this season is even over. They have badly misjudged the media reaction and I suspect fans reaction. With UEFA, FIFA and the FA all saying that they could be banned from other competitions it will lose any commercial viability almost immediately.

And you think we will attract the players to win the title?
Those six teams are doing it because it will give them significantly more money. That will happen at the expense of the PL revenue.
They already have massive squads. With world class players. Say the 15 buy 5 world class players each. That’s 75 players. There’s a lot more very good players than that.

It could also work 2 ways. They sell their fringe players cheaper, Who will be superstars apparently, because these clubs will have the monopoly and buy of us for high prices.

So we could have a brilliant team and made money. Obviously the big danger is they staying in the prem, because we will never win the league again. And it will be 2 leagues in 1. Them 6 can only win the league and With 15 games to go if 3 of them can’t, they will play the kids, games will be dead rubbers. Will be a total farce.

The other 14 will be trying to finishing 7th to 10th and get champions league football. How is that ever going to work.

Imagine a scenario. City & Liverpool joint top Witt a game to go. City ahead on goal difference. Liverpool are playing Utd last game, who 4 days later have the 2nd leg of their semi final in the super league. They play the kids Liverpool with 5-0 and pip city.

But they'd still earn 1000x more with them 6 clubs involved than without. Self interest of the PL will see them roll over on this, no doubt.

And if they do manage to pull this off then UEFA is obviously dead. The Champions League and Europa will eventually be no more and the ESL will replace them.

it can’t because it’s a closed shop

The only way for the league to survive is to expel otherwise what’s the point in the premier league ?
Where is the incentive to even play for the other clubs ?

If the super league does go thru we have to push the stadium thru. The league will suffer but can build it up again. The so called top 6 doesnt make the league what it is. This stadium is the future of the club time for us to take over the city

If Moshiri was only interested in money he would have kept his stake in Arsenal as would have Usmanov.

Selling 30% of Arsenal would likely fetch you not far off what you would get for most if not all of Everton at present.

They wanted to own a club to run it - Liverpool Waters will still earn them decent money on the back of the stadium.

Its 100% going ahead still regardless particularly in a post mad TV deal world - club will need more bums on seats to increase the club coffers.
At best, the stadium will be halted while the economics of the plan are re evaluated.
We don’t know what the impact will be, but there are many potential outcomes, all of which will be disadvantageous to us to greater or lesser extents.
If the tv money falls, then paying for an expensive stadium will be harder. I’m sure part of Morshi leaving Arsenal was about being in control of a club that he could steer to into the CL. I’m sure he didnt envisage the highlight being games against Southampton or West Ham.
If those six stay, but establish the euro league. they will financially out pace us. If they leave, what’s left will get championship money. We won’t be building a rolls Royce stadium to play Brighton or Sheffield Utd.

Think we are only on about losing 3 clubs here. Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal.
The other 3 are only in on recent success. Each one could easily have been Us, Villa, Newcastle, Forest, Leeds, and Sunderland with the money they have spent.
Football will still be ok in the long run. Fans and TV would be back once the new super league proves to be as boring as it sounds.

At best, the stadium will be halted while the economics of the plan are re evaluated.
We don’t know what the impact will be, but there are many potential outcomes, all of which will be disadvantageous to us to greater or lesser extents.
If the tv money falls, then paying for an expensive stadium will be harder. I’m sure part of Morshi leaving Arsenal was about being in control of a club that he could steer to into the CL. I’m sure he didnt envisage the highlight being games against Southampton or West Ham.
If those six stay, but establish the euro league. they will financially out pace us. If they leave, what’s left will get championship money. We won’t be building a rolls Royce stadium to play Brighton or Sheffield Utd.

To put things into perspective - Hearts play in a skint SPL and have been relegated to the 1st division in recent years yet still went ahead with stadium expansion plans for their ground regardless of it only being a few thousand increase.

All this scaremongering from our own fans isn't helping anyone. At worst Usmanov would likely **loan** Moshiri the money to pay for the ground rather than go via lending through a bank.

Its an ego trip for these people and as I said if the new Super League becomes a success dont be naive to think our owners wont consider getting involved down the line otherwise the PL stays relatively successful albeit with less money thrown around like Germany/Italy etc.

On social media its largely the same people crying over the stadium not happening this past 4 years.

There is no way that UEFA or theFA will allow a league to break away that will financially damage their competitions. This is why they have said they would ban any teams participating in other competitions. Do you really think these clubs will go and play in a Super league that means sacrificing playing in their domestic league - not a chance and if they do it will fail spectacularly. This is designed as a bargaining chip to try and get UEFA to go further in offering them security of participation in the CL.

I think this too.

I think it should force UEFA etc to go the other way and instead of compromise, double down.

But anyway, lets keep this thread to stadium discussion.

There's a thread on the greedy nonsense league in world football.

If the super league does go thru we have to push the stadium thru. The league will suffer but can build it up again. The so called top 6 doesnt make the league what it is. This stadium is the future of the club time for us to take over the city
I’m afraid you are deluded if you think they don’t make the league what it is. If they leave, tv revenue will collapse.

it can’t because it’s a closed shop

The only way for the league to survive is to expel otherwise what’s the point in the premier league ?
Where is the incentive to even play for the other clubs ?

It can't but it will.

The Champions league without most of them clubs would be finished if we are honest. PSG and Bayern would eventually sign up to the ESL too I've no doubt. It'd kill the competition. And whether we like it or not the ESL would be hugely popular with the worldwide casual football follower, which is clearly who they are targeting.

I agree with you by the way. But even if the other clubs could vote the 6 out, would they? It'd be turkeys voting for Xmas. Voting them out would see their TV money drop to what, a few million a year? The PL wouldn't survive without these clubs as it is currently. And the PL wouldn't kill their own product and turn it in to a piss poor SPL.

I think they will eventually back the 6 clubs and [Poor language removed] on UEFA, if it did come down to it.

And the incentive would be the very generous 5 extra spaces at the ESL table, our very generous overlords have made available.

It can't but it will.

The Champions league without most of them clubs would be finished if we are honest. PSG and Bayern would eventually sign up to the ESL too I've no doubt. It'd kill the competition. And whether we like it or not the ESL would be hugely popular with the worldwide casual football follower, which is clearly who they are targeting.

I agree with you by the way. But even if the other clubs could vote the 6 out, would they? It'd be turkeys voting for Xmas. Voting them out would see their TV money drop to what, a few million a year? The PL wouldn't survive without these clubs as it is currently. And the PL wouldn't kill their own product and turn it in to a piss poor SPL.

I think they will eventually back the 6 clubs and [Poor language removed] on UEFA, if it did come down to it.

And the incentive would be the very generous 5 extra spaces at the ESL table, our very generous overlords have made available.
Issue is though is they want more of the money so whether they go or not we could end up with the same slice of the pie. Could even be worse off letting them stay.
Kick them out and re-launch the PL. Will take a few years like it did at the start but there are enough big clubs knocking around the leagues to make it work in the long run.