New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can read. I have read your opinion that an ongoing or re-occuring ban from stadia would be of extremely low concern to those that invest in stadia.

I asked whether your opinion was the same pre-vaccine roll out?

And I wonder if it will remain the same should there be new viruses that cause similar or worse upheaval than Covid-19?

Your response was to describe your opinions as facts and call me a tit.
I think he was right on both counts

This from Greg Okeefe in the Athletic

Don’t expect to see the diggers and cranes descend on the Bramley-Moore Dock straight away. Although plans can now progress for the club to begin work this summer, there are a few procedural formalities to conclude before then.

First, Everton will formally complete their purchase of the land at Bramley-Moore from its owners, the property and infrastructure giant Peel Holdings for a pre-agreed fee in the region of £22 million. The club and Peel signed a heads of terms agreement in March 2017, which was always set to be sealed upon planning approval. Next, they will formalise the status of Laing O’Rourke as their contractor, and draw up a detailed build schedule with an itinerary of dates, from the opening remedial work at the dock to completion.

What about the funding?

Everton have a shortlist of preferred partners from around the world to fund the stadium. They range from banks to investment funds. “It’s a very attractive proposition to investors,” says Frank McKenna, the founder of private-sector lobbying group Downtown in Business. “It’s on an iconic site with potential for more than just football — you could imagine the stadium hosting big artists like Beyonce, and it’s a development that investors will get a return on.

“Everton won’t be scrambling about for investors. I suspect they will be able to be selective and pick the best of a bunch.”

It could be a matter of weeks or a few months before the club announce their partner although it is believed one group is already in pole position.

What about the naming rights?

Everton announced last January that they had struck a deal with USM, the company owned by Farhad Moshiri’s business partner Alisher Usmanov, over naming rights.

It saw USM pay £30 million for the exclusive option of becoming the ground’s main sponsor; and included the initial terms of an agreement on a multi-year deal should they decide to trigger the option. In the coming weeks, Moshiri will be in touch with his friend Usmanov to discuss the next step.
I know Beyonce is not a size 10 anymore but surely fat shaming is going too far
The rest of the prelim stuff is all done
Just waiting for signatures
Build schedule has already been agreed and signed off I reckon

It's all relative.
Walking on an August Sunday afternoon with the sun at your back is lovely.
Walking on a Monday night in January at 7.30 pm in the pissing rain against 15pph winds not so good.
I remember cycling into the wind on the dock road from town years ago. It is incredible how much it slows you down. The wind generally blows from the west or north, so walking to BMD from town will take a bit longer than walking back to town on a windy day.

I would like to hear that
They pulled out of Ireland because of this

No idea about the politics/Irish thing, but on reflection, it makes sense.

Basically, after a certain wall fell down in Berlin, someone at Dell reckoned that Eastern Europeans might fancy a computer. So they recruited a commercial property company to look at possible sites for a distribution hub. Long story short, in return for the Polish (I think) Government upgrading the main road from E Germany into Poland, (it was shocking), Dell/Property Company built a brand new distribution hub, literally, on the border, to stuff full of computers.

Once Dell was there, loads of others joined in.

Sound familier?

My company pension fund (a separate company ) has certain assets ringfenced that the parent company could never afford to lose
One is physical but the others are only intellectual
The yanks were not too happy to discover this when they bought us over
Means they have no real option but to keep the DB scheme(closed to new members 10-12 years ago ) going till we all die off
Pensions are indeed fun stuff when you start digging
A good pension scheme is worth its weight in gold. Too many of them are effectively ripped up and changed during their life time. In my working life, I think property has proven to be a far safer bet, so far.

This from Greg Okeefe in the Athletic

Don’t expect to see the diggers and cranes descend on the Bramley-Moore Dock straight away. Although plans can now progress for the club to begin work this summer, there are a few procedural formalities to conclude before then.

First, Everton will formally complete their purchase of the land at Bramley-Moore from its owners, the property and infrastructure giant Peel Holdings for a pre-agreed fee in the region of £22 million. The club and Peel signed a heads of terms agreement in March 2017, which was always set to be sealed upon planning approval. Next, they will formalise the status of Laing O’Rourke as their contractor, and draw up a detailed build schedule with an itinerary of dates, from the opening remedial work at the dock to completion.

What about the funding?

Everton have a shortlist of preferred partners from around the world to fund the stadium. They range from banks to investment funds. “It’s a very attractive proposition to investors,” says Frank McKenna, the founder of private-sector lobbying group Downtown in Business. “It’s on an iconic site with potential for more than just football — you could imagine the stadium hosting big artists like Beyonce, and it’s a development that investors will get a return on.

“Everton won’t be scrambling about for investors. I suspect they will be able to be selective and pick the best of a bunch.”

It could be a matter of weeks or a few months before the club announce their partner although it is believed one group is already in pole position.

What about the naming rights?

Everton announced last January that they had struck a deal with USM, the company owned by Farhad Moshiri’s business partner Alisher Usmanov, over naming rights.

It saw USM pay £30 million for the exclusive option of becoming the ground’s main sponsor; and included the initial terms of an agreement on a multi-year deal should they decide to trigger the option. In the coming weeks, Moshiri will be in touch with his friend Usmanov to discuss the next step.
Not according to this they wont

I think there are still concerns about Covid right now. I mean, at this current moment there is a ban in place that prevents fans from attending stadia.

Hopefully there will be changes and progress in this regard in the near future. But the current conditions are clearly not congruent to a business plan that involves spending half a billion pound on a new stadium.

Nobody will lend a penny to such a development unless the current restrictions disappear fast!

No idea about the politics/Irish thing, but on reflection, it makes sense.

Basically, after a certain wall fell down in Berlin, someone at Dell reckoned that Eastern Europeans might fancy a computer. So they recruited a commercial property company to look at possible sites for a distribution hub. Long story short, in return for the Polish (I think) Government upgrading the main road from E Germany into Poland, (it was shocking), Dell/Property Company built a brand new distribution hub, literally, on the border, to stuff full of computers.

Once Dell was there, loads of others joined in.

Sound familier?
So Dell put all the dots together .Just like ...........................................

My company pension fund (a separate company ) has certain assets ringfenced that the parent company could never afford to lose
One is physical but the others are only intellectual
The yanks were not too happy to discover this when they bought us over
Means they have no real option but to keep the DB scheme(closed to new members 10-12 years ago ) going till we all die off
Pensions are indeed fun stuff when you start digging

IP in a DB scheme as an asset? Blimey. No wonder the Mericans were not happy!

Kings dock, let down, kirby move ballots kopites taking the piss with sad socks. Well well finally were getting what our great club great fans deserve, wow a stadium on the mersey ,kopites gutted oh ye they will be ,cruise ships coming in people saying wow what's that answer that's everton mate the real club in Merseyside people will never forget. Were going there kopites beware!
The copy-cat hemrit crabs will either move into goodison or buy the Royal Albert Dock demolish it and build a new stadium there out of jealousy.