New Everton Stadium Discussion

if you had a choice would you pick king docks stadium or BMD ?

Kings Dock all the way. Would have been in an awesome position in terms of access to the City Centre and I honestly think the Arabs at City would have bought us instead.

If Liverpool Waters comes to fruition I would hope the area around BMD gets filled with bars, retail, restaurants and we have almost a footballing plaza experience for after the game.

They definitely need to add things around the area as no good having the stadium isolated from everything but a little old run down boozer.

There are design elements to be considered here. Without that spacing there is no window, that means the stadium looks pretty much like everything else and no iconic shots of pier head from inside the stadium and of the interior of the stadium from outside.

You may lose a bit of noise but honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. It will still be loud.

There's a mini-BMD opening in Cincinnati soon. designed by Meis, very similar seating and roof arrangement, single tier stand, external lighting scheme and materials etc.

Give this a follow, I reckon it gives a decent impression of what BMD will be like...

Kings Dock all the way. Would have been in an awesome position in terms of access to the City Centre and I honestly think the Arabs at City would have bought us instead.

If Liverpool Waters comes to fruition I would hope the area around BMD gets filled with bars, retail, restaurants and we have almost a footballing plaza experience for after the game.

They definitely need to add things around the area as no good having the stadium isolated from everything but a little old run down boozer.
Let's see

Run down boozer - real ale £3 a pint - people leave you alone.

Snazzy new bar on the docks - any lager so cold you can't taste that its actually just water £8 a pint. You'll gladly be ripped off so you don't look tight in front of the skimpy dressed girls who are there for you to buy drinks for them, before they tell you where you can get off.

Give you 1 guess where I'd be.

There's a mini-BMD opening in Cincinnati soon. designed by Meis, very similar seating and roof arrangement, single tier stand, external lighting scheme and materials etc.

Give this a follow, I reckon it gives a decent impression of what BMD will be like...

I thought Meis was kicked out from the Cincinnati project and they actually had a new stadium designed for them by one of the big companies?

what do people think will happen to the 2 statues that are at Goodson (Dixie & the holy trinity) will they remain at Goodson where they plied their considerable talent, or moved to BMD.

They're staying. It was mentioned yesterday during the PP meeting.

Let's see

Run down boozer - real ale £3 a pint - people leave you alone.

Snazzy new bar on the docks - any lager so cold you can't taste that its actually just water £8 a pint. You'll gladly be ripped off so you don't look tight in front of the skimpy dressed girls who are there for you to buy drinks for them, before they tell you where you can get off.

Give you 1 guess where I'd be.

The snazzy new bar?