New Everton Stadium Discussion

I was thinking perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh with them lot for all their comments about it will never happen. After all they have never gotten round to building their own stadium despite being promised a spade will be in the ground within x amount of days.

Those memories might be playing on their minds... :)
Do you think any of the rs objectors will apply for the thousands of jobs this project will create?

Stop worrying so much buddy, sweet FA we can do about it now, lets enjoy the ride.
It's possible the picture is deceiving.

One aspect that I would like changed,(and apologies for using your post to do so but I need to sound off about it) is the positioning of the safe standing. It would be better in the back half of the stand.

Maybe it is something that can be amended at any time when safe standing regs are updated? Maybe it isn't.

For that stand to be at its full potential noise wise you want everyone stood up, plus you want the noisier fans to be as close to that roof as possible to amplify their noise.

Standing at the front does neither. The fans in the back of the stand will rarely stand during a game as there's no domino effect from those on the front row standing up during the game.

Also singing fans at the front are miles from the roof, so the smaller pockets of fans who create the noise will struggle to be heard.

View attachment 119063
Yes they did so we can trust the sound properties of the materials of the roof are spot on.

I wonder then if the original position of the roof has been raised to incorporate a screen? Or if that is the original position then maybe it is in the optimum place after all?

Maybe the picture deceives me, but look for yourself at the distance of the roof though to the last row of seats, so ignore the support stands and focus on the roof itself, that is a massive distance.I would be surprised if that is optimum distance?

Interestingly, the other stands are not that distance.

There are design elements to be considered here. Without that spacing there is no window, that means the stadium looks pretty much like everything else and no iconic shots of pier head from inside the stadium and of the interior of the stadium from outside.

You may lose a bit of noise but honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. It will still be loud.