New Everton Stadium Discussion

What niggles me somewhat is the apparent duplicitous nature of these organisations.
Everton and the other bodies involved appear to have involved these people in their plans and consulted with them to find the best possible outcome for all concerned.
Yet in the end their stance remains unchanged from the outset , total rejection of the plans.
Surely it would have been more honest of them to remain outside the process altogether.
I believe they only engaged in the process so that in the event of their objections being overruled they would still have embedded alterations (to the cost of Everton) which would serve their interests over the project.
Very clever and par for the course no doubt , but still snide.
I hate snide.
How on earth did the regeneration of the Albert Dock get the go ahead back in the day?

From Historic England... "The proposals would significantly affect a World Heritage Site, which has the highest level of heritage protection and is internationally significant."

As if anyone else in the world apart from Historic England care about filling in a dock that no one outside of Liverpool is even aware of.
This will create thousands of jobs, but I bet that a high percentage of the millions of visitors to Liverpool don’t visit or as you say know about that derelict area.

From Historic England... "The proposals would significantly affect a World Heritage Site, which has the highest level of heritage protection and is internationally significant."

As if anyone else in the world apart from Historic England care about filling in a dock that no one outside of Liverpool is even aware of.
In any event, the proposal will protect the dock so it can be re-excavated one day when we move to a new ground.....

Portsmouth has historic docks, but the Spinnaker Tower got through:

1600250456325.png
1600250504459.png
1600250531907.png

I wonder what HE are saying about us on their forum?

I can answer that as I have intercepted a transmission. Might take a few days to get a reply but to be honest they seem pretty confident...

Mr Cuthbert J. Bartholomew III

Spiffing news on saving BM dock and whatnot STOP We'll show them Northern commoners STOP Moving to plan X STOP Need to buy off the SoS or show him the pictures we took of him and his man servant in the closet at great grandma's dress-up evening STOP

Creo quia absurdum est STOP

You need to look at the individuals of HE etc. I had a look the other day and a number of the ‘board’ are just small level business people who have jumped onto a public type group. One I saw was involved in football promotion (probably a kopite) but nonetheless knew as much about Historical England as any other forty year old charlatan. It’s a joke organisation....take no notice of them.....

I emailed them and asked 3 questions

1. Who funds them. Answer is department of digital, culture,media and sport.

2. Who sits on the committee and their responsibilities? Committees alway hate that question as like in this situation the sign off on statements etc under the name of a committee and therefore can hide behind their woeful decisions. They didnt answer.

3. Wondering what have HE done for the docklands in all the years it lay neglected and idle?They just answered that with a link to their general statement that didnt answer the question.

I knew I wouldnt get an answer to question 2. :) :). I will try again.

I emailed them and asked 3 questions

1. Who funds them. Answer is department of digital, culture,media and sport.

2. Who sits on the committee and their responsibilities? Committees alway hate that question as like in this situation the sign off on statements etc under the name of a committee and therefore can hide behind their woeful decisions. They didnt answer.

3. Wondering what have HE done for the docklands in all the years it lay neglected and idle?They just answered that with a link to their general statement that didnt answer the question.

I knew I wouldnt get an answer to question 2. :) :). I will try again.
if they are a govt funded quango I think the should be subject to FOI requests for things like the makeup of the committee

Not being from Liverpool I know nothing of these docks except that the new stadium will be in class location for getting the ferry as a foot passenger over from Dublin.. are the docks used? Unused? Are they a tourist attraction? Did anyone really care about what was happening at the docks before the planning application went in?