New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just our luck really to spend years and tens of millions on a stadium proposal only for it to end up having a 50/50 chance of happening. The club has done everything right, I hope nothing can stop this as it would be an absolute disgrace.

Just our luck really to spend years and tens of millions on a stadium proposal only for it to end up having a 50/50 chance of happening. The club has done everything right, I hope nothing can stop this as it would be an absolute disgrace.
"50/50"
The only way this could be seen as 50/50 is in the sense that there are 2 possible outcomes and one of them will happen. In which case every building project ever is 50/50

"50/50"
The only way this could be seen as 50/50 is in the sense that there are 2 possible outcomes and one of them will happen. In which case every building project ever is 50/50
You obviously know what I mean. Until now we all assumed it would fly through as the benefits are huge to the city, yet all of a sudden some influential group decides they want to do all they can to prevent it going ahead.

You obviously know what I mean. Until now we all assumed it would fly through as the benefits are huge to the city, yet all of a sudden some influential group decides they want to do all they can to prevent it going ahead.

we expected kopites to try and derail this at every opportunity, so the odd objection isn't a surprise.

"Influential group"

The same "influential group" who basically every meaningful stakeholder in the project (including LCC) have pretty much said will be ignored if push comes to shove?

There is zero chance heritage concerns are stopping a half billion pound building project in the North from going ahead in the current climate. None. Zip. Nada.

judging by this, BMD would be a god send for the government, they want to protect jobs... BMD will create thousands, Historic England can swivel!! they will not get this stopped... it fits the governments agenda on jobs an the build build build slogan used by Boris.

Why do these heritage groups ask for changes to the design when their attentions were all along to derail the whole process? The infilling of the dock had to happen from day one without this there would be no stadium? Everton and Liverpool council knew this from day one? Why did they ask for changes which was a pointless exercise and waste of money when the first exercise was to drop tons of cement into the dock?

I tried to find these on Everton Direct to no avail.

My first Everton kit came with round collar and sew-on number 8, with white boots. I was 5.

Any idea how much these are for size 10?

I tried to find these on Everton Direct to no avail.

My first Everton kit came with round collar and sew-on number 8, with white boots. I was 5.

Any idea how much these are for size 10?
I’m guessing you want this thread mate....

Why do these heritage groups ask for changes to the design when their attentions were all along to derail the whole process? The infilling of the dock had to happen from day one without this there would be no stadium? Everton and Liverpool council knew this from day one? Why did they ask for changes which was a pointless exercise and waste of money when the first exercise was to drop tons of cement into the dock?

They are rather like "critics" as in their default role is to find fault. If they don't then they lose their reason to be essentially. Although they would see themselves as safekeepers of the public interest.

To a certain degree they have a role to play within the overall process as a body of some opinion, albeit a minority view.

The problem is their role is formalised and institutionalised so it's much harder for the secretary of state to dismiss them hence my expectation this will be called in.

The heavy emphasis on consultation, excellent communication strategy, Goodison redevelopment, and flexibility are all very savvy moves on the clubs part in mitigation. These objections come as no surprise and the club have seen them coming and got their response in first. Well done to them.

This was before the economic catastrophe that has unfolded since. It would be very refreshing if the council proceeded to grant PP regardless but I imagine they won't as the political instinct will be to push the decision upwards.