New Everton Stadium Discussion

From Historic England... "The proposals would significantly affect a World Heritage Site, which has the highest level of heritage protection and is internationally significant."

As if anyone else in the world apart from Historic England care about filling in a dock that no one outside of Liverpool is even aware of.
Lol I just posted that I know nothing of the docks. I could name Kings dock and Bramley Moore dock. I only know of these because of Everton, so that tells me that these groups are trying to stop the one thing (Everton) that's actually promoting the docks internationally. I've been to Liverpool loads and have never gone to the docks.

Not being from Liverpool I know nothing of these docks except that the new stadium will be in class location for getting the ferry as a foot passenger over from Dublin.. are the docks used? Unused? Are they a tourist attraction? Did anyone really care about what was happening at the docks before the planning application went in?

Some of the docks were developed decades ago, and are an attractive and visited thing.

BMD is utterly deserted and useless.

edit. Oh, other than a sewerage plant.

I bet they didn't object to the destruction of historical Goodison. Would be weird if they didn't.

It's only the joint first purpose-built football stadium in the world. Nothing special about that...

Whereas a dock that has one right next to it, built at the same time that is going to stay and will have all its historical bits restored and be available to the public is far more significant that it's left untouched.