New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just spotted in section 72 para 9 of the planning application
' All mud, scrap, rubble, cars, trolleys and general spill and rubbish that is excavated from BMD will be taken by HGV to the area around Liverpool football ground and deposited thereabouts to blend in with the area surrounding the ground'

Seems fair to me :dance:

That is not fair on the local folk who live nearby.

Seen a few people post that our first few home games would have to be away because of the practical completion dates. Surely we are just going to play our games at Goodison until we can move into BMD?
There completely different sites so why would we vacate one until the other is complete?

PL rules state that you can't in effect have two home grounds in the same season.

I'm still not entirely sure how Spurs got away with it when they finally opened the new ground.

I doubt the PL would be so lenient towards us.

That is not fair on the local folk who live nearby.
Having worked in that area for 15 years I totally agree about some great people in that area. Liverpool FC are the ones who have blighted the area for many years buying up housed in streets nearby then leaving them open to get burnt out making it impossible for the people in those streets to get any value out of their own house. They did it for years and still doing it to home owners in Anfield road

PL rules state that you can't in effect have two home grounds in the same season.

I'm still not entirely sure how Spurs got away with it when they finally opened the new ground.

I doubt the PL would be so lenient towards us.

As I said above, we asked for special dispensation (there's actually a clause in the rule that allows for that) and were granted it. No reason you wouldn't be given the same, especially now there's a precedent set...

The PL rules say a club can only have one designated home ground for PL games, but they also say that this can be changed with approval of the rest of the league.

So basically, you can end up with two home grounds in a season (as we did with Wembley/NWHL) but for the league to allow it it has to be really unusual circumstances i.e. "we fancy selling 30,000 more tickets against Man Utd so we're moving that game to Wembley" wouldn't pass a vote. lol

I guess it was in no club's future interests to make things awkward for us in case years down the line they needed to do the same. So that precedent is set if you need a few games at a different ground before moving into BMD.

As I said above, we asked for special dispensation (there's actually a clause in the rule that allows for that) and were granted it. No reason you wouldn't be given the same, especially now there's a precedent set...

Apologies I'd not seen that. Your new ground opened fairly late in the season if memory serves?

Theres something romantic about the first home game of the season and it would feel a bit weird knowing the first home game of the new season would be the last at Goodison.

Who knows, I'm sure the feelings of fans are the least concern when the new stadium opens

Apologies I'd not seen that. Your new ground opened fairly late in the season if memory serves?

Theres something romantic about the first home game of the season and it would feel a bit weird knowing the first home game of the new season would be the last at Goodison.

Who knows, I'm sure the feelings of fans are the least concern when the new stadium opens

IIRC the new spurs stadium got delayed over and over again for its opening date? Opened relatively late?

There shouldn't be a need for another stadium to be used (they want BMD finished in the summer), but if there is a delay it seems the club doesn't want that to also have a knock on effect for the Goodison legacy project. That'd be my guess.

Where would you end up, Tranmere for a few matches? Surely not Anfield?

They won't knock Goodison down until they know BM is ready imho. By end of the season what should be the last game they'll have a pretty good understanding if the stadium will be ready by the 3rd/4th game of the new season. If any doubt I can't see them bulldozing it, or if they have to get things moving on the legacy project they could always bulldoze one stand and work on that specific area leaving the 3 remaining stands to be used in case of any last minute unforeseen issues at BM.

Yes...thinking about it, maybe that's another reason why there's talk a temporary home ground. Have the big Goodison farewell last game 22/23, if all goes well first game 23/24 is at BMD, otherwise a handful of games somewhere else.

IIRC the new spurs stadium got delayed over and over again for its opening date? Opened relatively late?

Exactly, they didn't install the fire alarm system properly first time round. :Blink:

IF (a big IF) but if near the time your new stadium was to be opened and it's on schedule for towards the end of September, Everton could always ask to have their first 3 (or however many) home games to be played away from home.

To be honest though, I cannot remember one big stadium that has opened on time?

IF (a big IF) but if near the time your new stadium was to be opened and it's on schedule for towards the end of September, Everton could always ask to have their first 3 (or however many) home games to be played away from home.

To be honest though, I cannot remember one big stadium that has opened on time?

I don’t know you know mate you’re dealing with Everton we are efficient and aren’t a parody.... when we say it will be open on a date it will be ready.

In all seriousness though complicated build like this is sure to have delays some will be out of hands and some will be.

I don’t know you know mate you’re dealing with Everton we are efficient and aren’t a parody.... when we say it will be open on a date it will be ready.

In all seriousness though complicated build like this is sure to have delays some will be out of hands and some will be.

They probably always do, unless like in the U.A.E. you use slave labour and work the poor people to the ground in dangerous conditions?

There is one big stadium in Spain that got around half built and has no work done on it in around 5 years.

Last edited:
They probably always do, unless like in the U.A.E. you use slave labour and work the poor people to the ground in dangerous conditions?

There is one big stadium in Spain that got around half built and has no work done on it in around 5 years.
Guessing you're talking about Valencia's New Mestalla. Work started on it in 2007 but then the 2008 financial crisis happened and work halted in 2009 I think. Been sitting like this for over 10 years now. Crazy

15269227279510.jpg