New Everton Stadium Discussion

Back when everyone just thought coronavirus was an alcohol induced hangover because you'd had too many Mexican lagers, was there an actual date that the club was working towards? It kept moving as far as I can remember. 2021 or 2022? This current global economic situation could go one of two ways, companies could be looking to take on any work, but similarly investors and owners/shareholders may want cast iron guarantees. Which in this world is a murky world to be swimming in

According to the planning permission, work is due to start on 28th Sept 2020 and finish on 7th Sept 2023. Until I hear differently that is what I'm going with.

According to the planning permission, work is due to start on 28th Sept 2020 and finish on 7th Sept 2023. Until I hear differently that is what I'm going with.

Thanks.
So presumably the first few games of the 2023/2024 season would be away from home like other clubs have done.

Only a few months to wait, when it's complete the time lapse will be brilliant to watch

When we submitted the application on December 23rd they said it would take 16 weeks. Then the date switched to the more ambiguous ‘early summer’. The council need to get a move on.
I think submitting the application in December was just to satisfy the Club's PR timetable. The Council has to be in possession of all the necessary paperwork before the application can be formally registered, so maybe there was some delay with statutory notices or supporting documents.

I h
Thanks.
So presumably the first few games of the 2023/2024 season would be away from home like other clubs have done.

Only a few months to wait, when it's complete the time lapse will be brilliant to watch

I hadn't picked up on that re. the date testing was due to finish. I guess that is correct. I would love EFC to make a documentary about the construction of BMD. Maybe get Baldrick in to do a Time Team special about the dock.

I think submitting the application in December was just to satisfy the Club's PR timetable. The Council has to be in possession of all the necessary paperwork before the application can be formally registered, so maybe there was some delay with statutory notices or supporting documents.

The Application wasn't formally registered until 20-02-2020.

Thanks.

Seen a few people post that our first few home games would have to be away because of the practical completion dates. Surely we are just going to play our games at Goodison until we can move into BMD?
There completely different sites so why would we vacate one until the other is complete?

Seen a few people post that our first few home games would have to be away because of the practical completion dates. Surely we are just going to play our games at Goodison until we can move into BMD?
There completely different sites so why would we vacate one until the other is complete?

There shouldn't be a need for another stadium to be used (they want BMD finished in the summer), but if there is a delay it seems the club doesn't want that to also have a knock on effect for the Goodison legacy project. That'd be my guess.

Where would you end up, Tranmere for a few matches? Surely not Anfield?

There shouldn't be a need for another stadium to be used (they want BMD finished in the summer), but if there is a delay it seems the club doesn't want that to also have a knock on effect for the Goodison legacy project. That'd be my guess.

Where would you end up, Tranmere for a few matches? Surely not Anfield?

We left anfield for a reason, we're not going back to that holemm. I'd imagine the goodison project could wait a few months if we had to play 1 or 2 more games there.

There isn't a silly rule in place that you can only play in one ground per season is there?

There isn't a silly rule in place that you can only play in one ground per season is there?

Sort of. The PL rules say a club can only have one designated home ground for PL games, but they also say that this can be changed with approval of the rest of the league.

So basically, you can end up with two home grounds in a season (as we did with Wembley/NWHL) but for the league to allow it it has to be really unusual circumstances i.e. "we fancy selling 30,000 more tickets against Man Utd so we're moving that game to Wembley" wouldn't pass a vote. lol

I guess it was in no club's future interests to make things awkward for us in case years down the line they needed to do the same. So that precedent is set if you need a few games at a different ground before moving into BMD.