New Everton Stadium Discussion

So the club are waiting on an imminent decision on planning permision and before its granted puts it "on hold indefinately".
Yeah ok fella.

You joined 10 months ago and made 8 posts , 4 have been about the stadium being held up due to "timescale" & "construction costs"

You're not hard to figure out.

I apologise for posting that, I work in construction but you obviously have much more knowledge about the situation than I.

The construction of a stadium is not going to be held back because of retail and housing struggles. Why would it? Its a multi-year construction project, current struggles have no impact on the current stadium build except to drive down costs because of companies more desperate for work. The construction of a stadium is instead based on the projection of the economy at the time it ACTUALLY opens and can start generating income when backed by a top 100 billionaire. Stadium construction projects take 4-5 years, they dont care what the economy looks like in 12 months.

Your posting history is interesting Mr Construction Worker.
6a98547ce2d291c4ec9ce8d1b46c17a1.jpg

The application was registered on 20th February, so working on the suggested 16 week timetable we shouldn't expect to hear anything until later this month, but I think it will probably be next month at the earliest as nothing is showing on the Council website yet.
When we submitted the application on December 23rd they said it would take 16 weeks. Then the date switched to the more ambiguous ‘early summer’. The council need to get a move on.

When we submitted the application on December 23rd they said it would take 16 weeks. Then the date switched to the more ambiguous ‘early summer’. The council need to get a move on.

to be fair I wonder how many of the council worker are still working in that department and how many are on furlough.