New Everton Stadium Discussion

You just have to hope that the development of the docks still seem like a good idea. It could be the case that the building of new properties in probably the worlds biggest depression isn't the correct time but hopefully the need for jobs will allow for building?

Is not that how you come through a depression though by grasping opportunities when others cant.

Yes it can be. Let's hope your owners are one of the companies that do?
Usmanov has already made another 3.4 billion from buying oil at zero price due to his oil storage facilities. Dependant on when the world economy gets going again therefore increasing the price of oil. Theres 7 £500 million stadiums built already

Attendances will be hit, we have one of the poorest fanbases hence why tickets are priced so low, when the stadium opens they will have to be even lower or else you are going to have empty seats

It will also be interesting to see how coronavirus has affected the interest rates bank charge.
Null & Void

Usmanov has already made another 3.4 billion from buying oil at zero price due to his oil storage facilities. Dependant on when the world economy gets going again therefore increasing the price of oil. Theres 7 £500 million stadiums built already

That's good news for him but a shame in these hard times the rich get richer while the....

Anyway, I've never said he's lost money, I've wrote
"Will he still want to build properties in a depression." We just don't know?
If he does make obscene amounts of money out of this, perhaps he will wanna make a lovely gesture to the hard up Everton supporters who have lost their jobs and let them have a season ticket for £200 for a Season or two?

You just have to hope that the development of the docks still seem like a good idea. It could be the case that the building of new properties in probably the worlds biggest depression isn't the correct time but hopefully the need for jobs will allow for building?
When the going gets tough the tough go shopping. Usmanov is hoovering up rare earth metals and oil at rock bottom prices, whilst Mosh is all in on land and property.

It's just the way they roll.

Last edited:

Can you back that wild claim up because as far as I’m aware USM don’t deal in oil and I’m not aware of them having huge oils storage facilities that would make him 3.4 billion making stuff up doesn’t help a decent debate

This is the article I was referring to before: https://www.globalcapital.com/article/b1jwyxhxl2qt1q/everton-hires-jp-morgan-mufg-for-stadium

It talks of the 'US Private Placements Market' being a means of obtaining the money to build the stadium. The article reports that Tottenham successfully made use of this method in the construction of their new stadium.

The investors of these private placements reportedly get between 2% and 3% returns. That may be attractive to some rich people if the ROI is seen as guaranteed, but the coronavirus has clearly knocked some confidence in the longevity of the premier league's hitherto ever increasing success.

Having said that, nobody is expecting premier league football to come to an end.

Can you back that wild claim up because as far as I’m aware USM don’t deal in oil and I’m not aware of them having huge oils storage facilities that would make him 3.4 billion making stuff up doesn’t help a decent debate

He invested heavily in Anglo American and BHP Billiton. He's the money man and they have the skills and infrastructure.

So Everton made a £112 million loss in the last 13 months and cannot guarantee any kind of future stadium income in the near future.
That is not good finances when trying to go to banks and trying to apply for a cheap loan. Maybe Usmanov will have to put up a portion of the £3.4billion he has just earned to get a cheap loan?

So Everton made a £112 million loss in the last 13 months and cannot guarantee any kind of future stadium income in the near future.
That is not good finances when going to banks when trying to apply for a cheap loan. Maybe Usmanov will have to put up a portion of the £3.4billion he has just earned to get a cheap loan?
So what if he does? Why does it bother you so much. Its not your money, it's not mine. who gives a flying one?

Is this the way it's all gone so far?

1) Very rich Usmanov give he's much poorer accountant Moshri free shares of he's stake in Arsenal?

2) Moshri sells those free shares in Arsenal to buy Everton?

3) Usmanov then pays millions to sponsor Evertons training ground owned by he's accountant Moshri?

4) Everton plan to build a new stadium in Liverpools docklands?

5) Moshri buys Liverpools Liver building?

6) Usmanov then rents office space inside the Liver building from he's accountant Moshri?

7) Usmanov sells he's shares in Arsenal?

8) For no reason at all, through one of he's many companies, very rich Usmanov pays £30 million just to be able to have the first rights to be able to sponsor a future stadium owned by he's accountant Moshri, who in the first place had used the free shares given to him by Usmanov to buy Everton?
Great isnt it.

This is the article I was referring to before: https://www.globalcapital.com/article/b1jwyxhxl2qt1q/everton-hires-jp-morgan-mufg-for-stadium

It talks of the 'US Private Placements Market' being a means of obtaining the money to build the stadium. The article reports that Tottenham successfully made use of this method in the construction of their new stadium.

The investors of these private placements reportedly get between 2% and 3% returns. That may be attractive to some rich people if the ROI is seen as guaranteed, but the coronavirus has clearly knocked some confidence in the longevity of the premier league's hitherto ever increasing success.

Having said that, nobody is expecting premier league football to come to an end.

Good article that , the 15,20,25,30 years mentioned are they when the borrowed amount is payable back but in the meantime we only pay the guaranteed fixed interest per year back , so 4 lumps of say 125 million would give us the build cost but only pay the interest now and kick the capital repayment into touch for 15 to 30 years down the line but like the old interest only mortgages