New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think this problem could reduce crowds to as bad as it was in the 80's?
I still managed to go every home game then but financially I don't think I'm gonna be able to afford it now?
Things are bad for me (and maybe for a few million others?)

On past experience, once we are ready to resume at some point I would expect the club to have imaginative solutions for any impacted ST holders and so forth. We can criticise the club in many ways but they generally do the right thing in this respect.
I hope you are not impacted financially as you are rightly concerned to be at present. There will be a bazooka of central bank stimulus / free money like the world has never seen coming once this subsides to a manageable level. I also think a massive campaign to encourage people to think/shop local and holiday at home etc has to be part of it, a second stimulus for the local economy if you will. That free money bill will have to be paid at a future point but the world will restart in the short term.

Football going forward faces an uncertain future. Clubs are currently losing millions through not being able to play games and that may get even more serious if their money from TV is affected.

I wonder if this will have an affect on FFP ?
Companies that are providing sponsorship to football clubs like insurance and alcohol companies are going to lose billions and I wonder if they will be able to continue paying out the vast sums that are involved. Some of these companies may even go bankrupt themselves.

I think that football authorities may be glad to see money invested into the game from whatever source and may be forced to relax their rules to prevent football clubs going out of existence.

It probably is a very good time to have rich owners .

Football going forward faces an uncertain future. Clubs are currently losing millions through not being able to play games and that may get even more serious if their money from TV is affected.

I wonder if this will have an affect on FFP ?
Companies that are providing sponsorship to football clubs like insurance and alcohol companies are going to lose billions and I wonder if they will be able to continue paying out the vast sums that are involved. Some of these companies may even go bankrupt themselves.

I think that football authorities may be glad to see money invested into the game from whatever source and may be forced to relax their rules to prevent football clubs going out of existence.

It probably is a very good time to have rich owners .

Maybe but there are limits.

I've written to the City Council supporting the proposals; this is the address to email:

efcapp@liverpool.gov.uk

This is what I wrote - feel free to use it if you want inspiration:

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: reference number 20F/0001

I write to support Everton F. C.'s application to build a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

I strongly believe that this proposed development will be of benefit to both Everton F. C. and the city of Liverpool as a whole. I am sure that many people have responded outlining the advantages of the scheme, so I shall not repeat these points; however, I wish to state that as one who visits the city on a regular basis, I am 100% behind this proposal, and I urge the City leaders to do everything in their power to see that this proposal is brought to fruition.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to set out my views.

Yours faithfully

Aberblue

You should send messages of support by 5 pm next Friday, March 20th.

On past experience, once we are ready to resume at some point I would expect the club to have imaginative solutions for any impacted ST holders and so forth. We can criticise the club in many ways but they generally do the right thing in this respect.
I hope you are not impacted financially as you are rightly concerned to be at present. There will be a bazooka of central bank stimulus / free money like the world has never seen coming once this subsides to a manageable level. I also think a massive campaign to encourage people to think/shop local and holiday at home etc has to be part of it, a second stimulus for the local economy if you will. That free money bill will have to be paid at a future point but the world will restart in the short term.
I think the theory is it 'primes the pump' and gets it circulating round and round again. Further down the track when it all has settled down to some sort of order. The banks (central bankers, rhymes with well I'll let you decide) are suppoed to syphon it back out, but they never seem to.

I've written to the City Council supporting the proposals; this is the address to email:

efcapp@liverpool.gov.uk

This is what I wrote - feel free to use it if you want inspiration:

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: reference number 20F/0001

I write to support Everton F. C.'s application to build a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

I strongly believe that this proposed development will be of benefit to both Everton F. C. and the city of Liverpool as a whole. I am sure that many people have responded outlining the advantages of the scheme, so I shall not repeat these points; however, I wish to state that as one who visits the city on a regular basis, I am 100% behind this proposal, and I urge the City leaders to do everything in their power to see that this proposal is brought to fruition.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to set out my views.

Yours faithfully

Aberblue

You should send messages of support by 5 pm next Friday, March 20th.

Just copy and pasted but sent haha