New Everton Stadium Discussion

Im hoping USM sponser the shirt as thats where the big money comes from.

Naming Rights isn't a massive market - Spurs wanted £25 million a year and haven't found any interested party.

Dont know what City & Arsenal get mind.
iirc, Emirates were in for £12M per year for 15yrs. Must be nearly up now

Re objections; when all the virus dust has settled ( and if it doesnt turn into a Zombie Apocalypse, then all bets are off)
Nobody is going to thumb their noses at a £ 5-600M infrastructure stimulus package project
But all the delays that will come will put pressure on the proposed finish date

Vodafone pulled out of a £20m naming rights deal for 6 years at the London Stadium.

If this deal is £200m for 10 years, I think it puts into perspective how good this deal is.

£200 for 10 years ... with the ability to change the terms of the contract at any point during the contract I'm sure.

If true then 20 mill a year for ten years is a brilliant amount considering Spurs couldn’t get anything in the capital. It would probably be able to be renegotiated as well if European football followed and the profile of the club got raised/number of matches increased.

To be honest it's a brilliant deal. I thought we'd pitch and 20-25 million. It is not so large it can't be defended to UEFA but big enough, certainly as a lump sum to make any concerns about FFP disappear for another 4 years. They may well put it all up front, or over 2 years, so where we lost £100m last year, we are now probably £30m in profit (when you factor in all increases) and the same the year after.

We can spend heavily for the next 2 years (even a net £60m per season) wouldn't see us in any danger for the next two years. Yes potential problems may emerge by the third year, but I'm sure the hope will be other sponsorships will be kicking in, some big sales may have started to occur to ease pressure, and European money will help. By that point FFP may well be dead in the water anyway.

Don't rule out as well, if we get CL and start performing well, someone comes in and buys the contract off us, so it's not a Usmanov company. I think that's probably true across the board.

If it gets hairy in 2 years, you just do similar with the shirt sponsorship. Announce a 10 year deal, with most of it paid over the first 2-3 years to keep yourself sorted for the foreseable.

To be honest it's a brilliant deal. I thought we'd pitch and 20-25 million. It is not so large it can't be defended to UEFA but big enough, certainly as a lump sum to make any concerns about FFP disappear for another 4 years. They may well put it all up front, or over 2 years, so where we lost £100m last year, we are now probably £30m in profit (when you factor in all increases) and the same the year after.

We can spend heavily for the next 2 years (even a net £60m per season) wouldn't see us in any danger for the next two years. Yes potential problems may emerge by the third year, but I'm sure the hope will be other sponsorships will be kicking in, some big sales may have started to occur to ease pressure, and European money will help. By that point FFP may well be dead in the water anyway.

Don't rule out as well, if we get CL and start performing well, someone comes in and buys the contract off us, so it's not a Usmanov company. I think that's probably true across the board.

If it gets hairy in 2 years, you just do similar with the shirt sponsorship. Announce a 10 year deal, with most of it paid over the first 2-3 years to keep yourself sorted for the foreseable.

I am glad some one understands this FFP stuff, most of us on here have not got a clue. The other big one here is the new shirt sponsor, now is that another Ussie company? and wonder what that will be worth say over 10 years. Can see with naming rights the stadium fund building up. Any idea what is the average shirt sponsor ship is for a season?

I am glad some one understands this FFP stuff, most of us on here have not got a clue. The other big one here is the new shirt sponsor, now is that another Ussie company? and wonder what that will be worth say over 10 years. Can see with naming rights the stadium fund building up. Any idea what is the average shirt sponsor ship is for a season?

I expect we'll be around 15-20 million. I think flexibility will be quite important, and the shirt sponsor might be quite a short term deal, with the opportunity for potential "uplifts" if milestones are met.