New Everton Stadium Discussion

I do have the concern that we wouldn't have had so many consultations if funding was in place. Not that I'm against the way the club have gone about getting public approval, it just seems more like a time-filling filling exercise above all else. Hope to be wrong of course.

Consultations would have to take place anyway, Everton have just done it in a much more visible fashion than they had to.

Is there any indication as to how long it may take to approve the planning permission?

Bit late to the party on this one maybe but a normal planning application should be determined (approved or not) within 8 weeks of the planning application being registered and accepted on the planning portal. On major projects I think they have 12 weeks to determine under the planning process. However in reality they can threaten to recommend the scheme be turned down for planning if they feel they don't have all the required information to make an informed recommendation to approve which would then go forward to a planning committee to be voted on (yep bloody councillors!!!!).

I would have thought all the consultation process, traffic surveys etc we have been doing over the last 12 months will have been done in consultation with the local planning department so that once we make the application the chances of this being a long drawn out process will be hopefully mitigated.

As I don't live in the area I may be wrong on this but i understand the area as a whole has previously received outline planning permission for residential and office accommodation and is included in LCC development which should also help the process.

I'm by no means a planning expert but have been involved in social housing development for over twenty years so have a little working knowledge of the process which may be of interest to people.

The land was donated by KBC; Tesco were getting Barr to build the stadium (I know); Everton were committed to finding £80M from sale of Goodison; Bellefield; naming rights etc.

They had PP and they had a financial plan that a LA and major retailer stood behind. What has BMD secured? F.A.
Everton's cabinet's sole trophy...the F.A. Cup

I do have the concern that we wouldn't have had so many consultations if funding was in place.

I'd say it was the other way around. If they were trying to get fans to buy into a hopeless scheme (for whatever reason) they'd release some shiny renders with no consultation.

Public consultations are required prior to applying for planning permission. The consultations and responses to them will be a part of the planning documents. Further public consultations will be required when the full plans are released.

Nothing unusual here. It's all a bit slow going, but to me it says they're doing things properly.

The land was donated by KBC; Tesco were getting Barr to build the stadium (I know); Everton were committed to finding £80M from sale of Goodison; Bellefield; naming rights etc.

They had PP and they had a financial plan that a LA and major retailer stood behind. What has BMD secured? F.A.

So your actually saying Kirkby had a better chance than Bramley Moore of going through ? Kirkby was a fiddle from beginning to end, conspired between Tesco Terry and Bungalow Bill. The fans hated it, whereas Bramley Moore has what 97% backing from the fans. A blind man could see the difference between these ground moves, give over Dave.

So your actually saying Kirkby had a better chance than Bramley Moore of going through ? Kirkby was a fiddle from beginning to end, conspired between Tesco Terry and Bungalow Bill. The fans hated it, whereas Bramley Moore has what 97% backing from the fans. A blind man could see the difference between these ground moves, give over Dave.
Mate, if the Sec of State was a Tory and not Labour, that scheme would have been accepted. 9 months after it was binned, that scheme would have eased through.

Mate, if the Sec of State was a Tory and not Labour, that scheme would have been accepted. 9 months after it was binned, that scheme would have eased through.

Na not a chance that was going through, at the time Liverpool City council was lobbying against it as well. It would have took us out of the City and given the City of Liverpool to Liverpool FC, thank god it got kicked out. KEIOC saved our skins there. It was also a flat pack bottom of the range stadium with Batman lights,, be careful what you wish for Dave.

I've been in my fair share of black cabs telling me about Fat Joe being a blue but the approval rating really does show that residents of Liverpool are unified in wanting something developed on the site if it's for the good of the city. The design in the renders looks great and hope the real thing lives up to it.

In terms of planning permission, I would have thought a major issue would be transport links. How are the club and council addressing this?

I think we need to see more on this. BMD is a good location but not a great one, and walking wise is pretty much the same distance from Lime St as Goodison is. I'm lucky enough I will be able to walk it, but there will be many who can't or won't be able to. It's half an hours walk to the Pier Head and that will be horrible in bad weather.

I'm far from convinced on the transport aspect, I hope there's additional plans waiting.

I think we need to see more on this. BMD is a good location but not a great one, and walking wise is pretty much the same distance from Lime St as Goodison is. I'm lucky enough I will be able to walk it, but there will be many who can't or won't be able to. It's half an hours walk to the Pier Head and that will be horrible in bad weather.

I'm far from convinced on the transport aspect, I hope there's additional plans waiting.

Totally agree. The public transport provision is poor. Hardly any bus routes. The train station is handy but has limited capacity and half of people locally don't live near a station at the other end. Despite what the club has said, BMD is 25/30 minutes walk from town. The King's Dock it ain't. I need to see far more detail about public transport.

I'm still struggling to understand the desire for a new, modern stadium offering enhanced viewing experience. What i love about Goodison is that it has so many obstructed views...this is a blessing when watching our team of brave lion hearts strut their stuff. Why people want to watch eye-bleeding displays without being able to take cover behind view-blocking hefty pillars and stanchions etc is beyond me.

Has a pandemic of masochism struck L4??