New Everton Stadium Discussion

Is there any indication as to how long it may take to approve the planning permission?

The first plan of the project, with a 58,000-capacity stadium, was released in April 2009 for public consultation.[35] In October 2009, the planning application for a 56,000-seat stadium, designed by KSS Design Group, and other buildings was then submitted.[36][37] The proposal, which included the demolition of eight locally listed buildings and two nationally listed buildings, was criticised by conservation groups including English Heritage, as well as the Government's advisory body on architecture, the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment.[38][39][40] In response to the objections, a revised plan, that retained some of the listed buildings, was resubmitted in May 2010.[41][42] This plan was accepted by Haringey Council on 30 September 2010, and later by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, as well as the government.[43][44][45] However, only part of this plan, the construction of Lilywhite House, was implemented

It took Spurs a year, thats an indication, its of course a different site with different issues, but I doubt it will be any quicker than 12months, personally, probably longer.

But we really shouldnt be using Spurs as a benchmark, considering it took them 12 years from idea to Ground opening, but then I suppose its taken us much longer if you factor in Kings Dock and such.

The first plan of the project, with a 58,000-capacity stadium, was released in April 2009 for public consultation.[35] In October 2009, the planning application for a 56,000-seat stadium, designed by KSS Design Group, and other buildings was then submitted.[36][37] The proposal, which included the demolition of eight locally listed buildings and two nationally listed buildings, was criticised by conservation groups including English Heritage, as well as the Government's advisory body on architecture, the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment.[38][39][40] In response to the objections, a revised plan, that retained some of the listed buildings, was resubmitted in May 2010.[41][42] This plan was accepted by Haringey Council on 30 September 2010, and later by the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, as well as the government.[43][44][45] However, only part of this plan, the construction of Lilywhite House, was implemented

It took Spurs a year, thats an indication, its of course a different site with different issues, but I doubt it will be any quicker than 12months, personally, probably longer.

But we really shouldnt be using Spurs as a benchmark, considering it took them 12 years from idea to Ground opening, but then I suppose its taken us much longer if you factor in Kings Dock and such.
Spurs site was already well established as a football ground with already existing businesses around it etc.

I just wondering if the much needed economic development that this stadium will bring to the area (bars/restaurants/flats etc) could grease the wheels a bit and get things approved that bit quicker.

Spurs site was already well established as a football ground with already existing businesses around it etc.

I just wondering if the much needed economic development that this stadium will bring to the area (bars/restaurants/flats etc) could grease the wheels a bit and get things approved that bit quicker.

Maybe mate, but im seeing lots of issues regarding listed buildings and world heritage nonsense sprouting up.

The fact they had to knock down other peoples premises to build the stadium changes things enormously I would guess. We are building on an empty site and it's not like we are surprising the council with a request with regard to the WHS issue. That has already been discussed to death. I reckon it will pass within 3-4 months.

The fact they had to knock down other peoples premises to build the stadium changes things enormously I would guess. We are building on an empty site and it's not like we are surprising the council with a request with regard to the WHS issue. That has already been discussed to death. I reckon it will pass within 3-4 months.
That is my gut instinct as well although I know little of planning. The club seem to have taken their time over this and hopefully that means that every potential objection has been well scouted and a rebuttal prepared.

That is my gut instinct as well although I know little of planning. The club seem to have taken their time over this and hopefully that means that every potential objection has been well scouted and a rebuttal prepared.

Same inside the council as well, who like you said before will be keen to get the project moving, as the quicker they start the quicker more money will be put into the surrounding areas.

It also helps they did all the roadworks already, it is almost like they were expecting this! ;)

Lots of issues in there for Spurs that don't apply to us. As far as I'm aware, no demolition is necessary at Bramley Moore, let alone ten listed buildings! Also, Spurs changed their plan considerably from 2010 by increasing the capacity by more than 4,000.
Planning permission will probably be granted within 2 - 3 months and the only potential delay would be if the plans were called in at a national level. It will be fast-tracked locally.
My best guess is that work will commence on site by the middle of 2020.