New Everton Stadium Discussion

Full steam ahead at Liverpool Waters now , access and link roads getting built , Isle of Man Ferry terminal about to be built , the whole thing is gonna look ace .

Face it, there is no argument as regards the site, as nobody else would want or uae it, Peel will be laughing themselves senseless with the 200yr lease to give a buffer zone. The discussion should centee on funding once permission is granted.

Posted from day 1 that I didn't think it would happen! Still not sure about motives? BUT, stadium will need a successful team and I don't see that in the near future.
There won't be a ball officially kicked until Aug 2024, most, if not all of the team we have now will be gone.
Wether the replacements will be better or worse is anybody's guess though

Is there any indication as to how long it may take to approve the planning permission?

Short answer, under normal process I would expect 6 months maybe sooner with the level of positive feedback received.

However, I personally think it may be called in, at least doubling time for approval. Being called in isn't a death knell though. Theres a lot going on. Take up of positions outside of club responsibilities are likely not coincidental. I will renew my belief that I think we'll be the best connected ground in the UK.

Short answer, under normal process I would expect 6 months maybe sooner with the level of positive feedback received.

However, I personally think it may be called in, at least doubling time for approval. Being called in isn't a death knell though. Theres a lot going on. Take up of positions outside of club responsibilities are likely not coincidental. I will renew my belief that I think we'll be the best connected ground in the UK.
What do you mean by that @Jacko93?

Gotten quiet in here about the exists all off a sudden. I need more exist jargon. Place is gone down the grease trap.

It will defo be called in. That's the beginning of the end.

It will get called in - but the consultancy will eliminate a lot of potential hurdles.

If we didn't go the consultation - we would have had to do it after we attempted planning permission.
With Destination Kirkby all the consultations had taken place and passed with flying colours.

The Inquiry still rejected it. We've seen nothing yet in terms of organised and concerted opposition to this. There will be. And let's face it; the club dont have the funding and it'll be a welcome ladder for them to climb down...just as it was at Kirkby.

It's an utter fantasy...worse than that: it's another huge con-trick perpetrated by EFC on their own fanbase. When on earth will people just stop believing their BS?

With Destination Kirkby all the consultations had taken place and passed with flying colours.

The Inquiry still rejected it. We've seen nothing yet in terms of organised and concerted opposition to this. There will be. And let's face it; the club dont have the funding and it'll be a welcome ladder for them to climb down...just as it was at Kirkby.

It's an utter fantasy...worse than that: it's another huge con-trick perpetrated by EFC on their own fanbase. When on earth will people just stop believing their BS?

Good morning sunshine!