New Everton Stadium Discussion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bp1118

BBC One
Inside Out North

p04wb5sr.jpg

This programme will be available shortly after broadcast
29/10/2018
Inside Out North West
Is the growth in food banks linked to universal credit? What can a 21st century ground offer Everton's fans? And how the elephants that were moved to Blackpool Zoo are faring.

On TV

Tomorrow19:30
BBC ONE NORTH WEST

Credits
Role Contributor PresenterDianne OxberryReporterChris JacksonEditorDeborah Van Bishop
Broadcast

This must be ominous for us unfortunately. I can understand some degree of inflation in a project as complex as a new stadium build, but I thought that was what rigorous project management was there to deal with and it's difficult to imagine Spurs falling down in that regard. Clearly they have encountered lots of unanticipated problems and I imagine that makes Moshiri very nervous from a distance. BMD seems to a lay person like me to be quite a complicated build as well.

But their stadium is almost built and ours is still a concept.

What that doesn't explain is the sheer number of clubs both in the UK and Europe who have succeeded in moving or upgrading in the last 20 years. You have clubs of very modest support and resources like Espanyol and Udinese moving into what for them, are perfectly suitable and properly sized facilities. I know there tends to be a far more established model of municipal funding for projects in Europe and the concept of a stadium as a shared resource, but it surprises me even more that we seem to be pulling away from the council part funding model in that regard.

Last edited: