New Everton Stadium Discussion

10FBB7D5-82DA-4E76-98EC-BCBBBF593130.jpeg

Just seen these for sale on eBay!

All the negativity over this really upsets me.

This is not some sandcastle being built on Crosby Beach. Its not the Emirates or New White Hart Lane being built as standalone venues. Our project/proposed new ground is part of a massive city regeneration. It is going to form part of a new iconic skyline. Its an incredibly ambitious undertaking, and the club is going about it in exactly the correct way.

Im as frustrated as anyone with the time it is taking. Im 50 years old next March and want to see at least another 40 odd years of watching my beloved Blues playing in what will be, the most fantastically designed and iconic domestic football stadium this country has ever seen. And yes, I truly believe it will be exactly that - we just all have to be patient. Look at the Kirby rush job. Quickly thrown together by Kenwright and his Tesco buddies with no consultations whatsoever with the fan base or any local authorities - and that spectacularly failed when they DID get around to that stage. We have had so many false dawns at Everton, we have to be a little cautious. But there is WAY too much riding on this for Everton.

Moshiri knows it, Kenwright knows it, Helen what's her name knows it, the board know it and Dan Meis knows it - if this fails, and if the end design fails, then every Evertonian has been failed. The club would probably lose a ton of supporters for another failed promise.

We will get our new home. It will look spectacular. Outside it will look beautiful. Inside it will be mesmerizing with great views, and ridiculously cool 'Everton end'. It will have a capacity of 60,000. It will belong and represent the City Of Liverpool's waterfront for a 100 years! The name Everton will also become synonymous with the City of Liverpool just as much as the S***'s.

The club ARE promising this. No matter what anyone says. Does anyone really believe that Moshiri et all would lie to us about something of this magnitude like some are saying?

Come on fellow blues. Have some faith here.

This is not some sandcastle being built on Crosby Beach. Its not the Emirates or New White Hart Lane being built as standalone venues. Our project/proposed new ground is part of a massive city regeneration. It is going to form part of a new iconic skyline. Its an incredibly ambitious undertaking, and the club is going about it in exactly the correct way.

Im as frustrated as anyone with the time it is taking. Im 50 years old next March and want to see at least another 40 odd years of watching my beloved Blues playing in what will be, the most fantastically designed and iconic domestic football stadium this country has ever seen. And yes, I truly believe it will be exactly that - we just all have to be patient. Look at the Kirby rush job. Quickly thrown together by Kenwright and his Tesco buddies with no consultations whatsoever with the fan base or any local authorities - and that spectacularly failed when they DID get around to that stage. We have had so many false dawns at Everton, we have to be a little cautious. But there is WAY too much riding on this for Everton.

Moshiri knows it, Kenwright knows it, Helen what's her name knows it, the board know it and Dan Meis knows it - if this fails, and if the end design fails, then every Evertonian has been failed. The club would probably lose a ton of supporters for another failed promise.

We will get our new home. It will look spectacular. Outside it will look beautiful. Inside it will be mesmerizing with great views, and ridiculously cool 'Everton end'. It will have a capacity of 60,000. It will belong and represent the City Of Liverpool's waterfront for a 100 years! The name Everton will also become synonymous with the City of Liverpool just as much as the S***'s.

The club ARE promising this. No matter what anyone says. Does anyone really believe that Moshiri et all would lie to us about something of this magnitude like some are saying?

Love it mate

Love this post!

#UTFT!

Well......when you put it like that..... :)

The delay doesn’t concern me too much as it’s a huge project with a build on a complex site, so ultimately I’m not too bothered if it takes an extra year if the outcome is the stadium we all want in the prime location.

The 2 questions are 1) why has the planning application date been moved when it was originally planned to be put in by now, and 2) what is the funding plan.

The answer to 1) is probably because of a lack of certainty over 2); but why is no-one putting these questions directly to the club?

The negativity comes from us having form for cocking up over stadium plans mate, so it’s understandable some are sceptical/ negative.

It’s the same for me, until it’s in front of me in me black and white, then I believe nothing the club comes out with, and no matter how much we hear ‘Moshiri this’ ‘Dan Meiss that’ etc isn’t going to change that.

Last edited:
The delay doesn’t concern me too much as it’s a huge project with a build on a complex site, so ultimately I’m not too bothered if it takes an extra year if the outcome is the stadium we all want in the prime location.

The 2 questions are 1) why has the planning application date been moved when it was originally planned to be put in by now, and 2) what is the funding plan.

The answer to 1) is probably because of a lack of certainty over 2); but why is no-one putting these questions directly to the club?
The funding plan is *probably* Uncle Al.

Well said Bro.;)