New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have no idea whether it's on or off. I do believe firmly that the funding isn't there based on conversations. The public consultation process is now being trundled forward to kill time. That;s where we're at.

i suppose it comes down to this essentially:

You believe and give Everton FC the benefit of the doubt regarding coming clean about a stadium scheme, or you dont.

I dont. I think people who do give them that latitiude are gullible. Knowledgable in many cases - they know the possibilities - but gullible nonetheless. These people unwittingly serve the club well in their honest endeavour, that's the great shame of it. I see time and time again decent, and engaged people being used by EFC and then being discarded.

It's happened too many times for my liking.
I will give this lot no free pass. Experience dictates that.

Rubbish, you are absolutely loving it @davek.
I don't have a problem with your personal views because you are entitled to them, but you genuinely come across as practically creaming yourself at any suggestion of a setback.I find that weird to say the least.

I have no idea whether it's on or off. I do believe firmly that the funding isn't there based on conversations. The public consultation process is now being trundled forward to kill time. That;s where we're at.

i suppose it comes down to this essentially:

You believe and give Everton FC the benefit of the doubt regarding coming clean about a stadium scheme, or you dont.

I dont. I think people who do give them that latitiude are gullible. Knowledgable in many cases - they know the possibilities - but gullible nonetheless. These people unwittingly serve the club well in their honest endeavour, that's the great shame of it. I see time and time again decent, and engaged people being used by EFC and then being discarded.

It's happened too many times for my liking. I will give this lot no free pass. Experience dictates that.

Or you can just believe the club is doing its best to move and if we do great, if not then we are in no worse situation than we are in now.

I'm not going to chain myself to Goodison looking for answers from them or make my blood pressure go up worrying about it.

Think it's okay to be disappointed by the pushing back of the schedule and also still being patient about it being done. It will be difficult to find simple and affordable longer term funding without the council, but it all depends on how much risk Mosh wants to take. Short term funding won't be the problem and maybe we can pay down the purchase price enough using naming rights and other case flows that he can make it happen with 100% private financing, maybe loop Peel in as part of the deal in some fashion.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...rivate-funding-for-new-500m-stadium-zb6h28pqz

thursday october 25 2018

Everton set to pursue private funding for new £500m stadium
Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
October 25 2018, 12:01am, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F6201d27c-d7bd-11e8-926d-96790161a92a.jpg

Bramley Moore Dock is the proposed site of Everton’s new stadiumPETER BYRNE/PA WIRE

Everton appear increasingly likely to pursue private finance to fund the building of a £500 million new stadium on the banks of the River Mersey with the state-of-the-art arena unlikely to open before 2023-24.

A planning application is set to be submitted in the second half of 2019 with a three-year build mapping out the timescale for the project at Bramley Moore Dock.
It comes with public consultation into the proposals, which would regenerate north Liverpool and create a community-led legacy at their existing Goodison Park home, set to begin in November.
Everton have been offered a deal to pay for a chunk of the venture, which would see Liverpool City Council apply for a £220 million loan from the government’s Public Works Loan Board. The club would repay that in full in addition to annual interest payments of £7 million to the council.

However, the Everton deputy chairman, Keith Harris, is leading the search for private money which is viewed as a cleaner, less politically sensitive option.

No final design has been approved for the stadium and the exact capacity, whether low to mid-50,000 or higher, is still being debated.
Everton believe moving to the venue, which sits within a World Heritage site, is crucial for the club’s future and, rather than rushing the process, are working upon ensuring there are no hiccups after two failed ground move projects already this millenium.

The consultation, which comes under the campaign name, “The People’s Project,” begins a formal process which will lead to the submission of planning applications for Bramley Moore and Goodison Park in a year’s time.

Denise Barrett-Baxendale, the Everton CEO, has been in New York this week attending meetings with the stadium architect Dan Mei and said: “This consultation marks a very significant moment as we progress with this project. We would like as many people as possible — and not just football fans — to take part and let us know their views.

A second public consultation will be held next summer, at which point Everton will present the proposed design of the stadium and further details on its Goodison Park legacy plans.

If I was a billionaire businessman I would want to make sure that my business venture was the best it possibly could be.

The purchase of the Liver building (prime dock location) and the exploring of various funding sources is what any of us would aspire to do.

This is potentially the biggest challenge in our clubs history, so I never expected a quick result.

Perhaps Usmanov will fund it if the project is financially viable. What will the regeneration of the area truely bring in regards to non footballing revenue.

This isn't just about a shiny new state of the art stadium for Everton, as much as that is what we all desire.

52,000 is a joke if true.

How can we be expected to match the top teams on the pitch when we can't even match the likes of West Ham and Wolves in terms of stadia?
Even allowing for a substantial increase in corporate hospitality, it makes no sense to spend 500m for the addition of 12k extra seats. The RS spent 100m building their main stand to increase capacity by 8,500. 60k minimum should be our aim.

How many of these darned “consultations” are we up to now, Summer :(
Obviously we don’t know the complexities involved in building a new stadium, but it seemed we have wasted a year. Why could this consultation process not have started last year? Then we would be a year ahead of submitting a formal planning application which is likely to go in late in 2019. Even if there is no objections work on the stadium won’t start till 2020 at the earliest.