New Everton Stadium Discussion

It won’t be called world war 3
It’ll be called the last world war
Because there will be no coming back from it and they all know it.
Too many lunatics with big red buttons
To be honest if they are going to have a final world war I hope they have it before the champions league final as I will be right pissed off if they win it before I die.

Lets assume that figure is ballpark. (Not a clue me)

The key answer to your question is realistic to who?
Lets assume that figure is ballpark. (Not a clue me)

The key answer to your question is realistic to who?

In my mind - the 'who' would be the club as a self sufficient operating entity and wouldn't be the owners - they come and go.

It's a case of how much can we get coming in and what's left in the pot after the stadium loan payments AND any loan payments to the owners (originally £80m but seem to recall there was a debt of £55m outstanding in the last but one set of accounts). Then there's all the operating costs, players wages etc - how competitive could we be in the market with what's left?

IIRC the latest TV money (new deal) has not grown domestically but may do so in the next few years IF tech co's enter the fray and it opens up new global markets in which case there'll be more revenue via the PL. However, this may be partially offset by increasing transfer fees and wages.

Any idea of the likely capacity yet?

Would be interesting to see a scale of cost v capacity - guess someone somewhere has done this and knows what the optimum no. of seats is.

Fans will always want the biggest stadium possible but the decision around capacity needs to factor in how long it will take to pay off the build cost. For example, if it was a:
  • 45-50k state of the art, iconic stadium which takes 15 years to pay off and is always sold out (with scope to easily extend in future IF required)
vs​
  • 55-60k with perhaps a slightly lower spec which takes 25 years to pay off and isn't always sold out or means reduced ticket pricing (thereby bringing gates receipts equivalent to the above smaller version)

Purely made up figures of course but if the difference in build cost between the two (10k seats) was say £100m that could equate to £150m+ in repayments when you factor in the £7m a year to LCC + interest if paying that bit (applying the multiple loans example) back at £20m per annum.

Heck of a difference financially if you look at it that way.

I'm talking about the layout plan as shown from above.
Ah ok. Just had a look again at that picture and it seems like they may be there but it's tough to see because of all the overlays of lines and colours. This picture from the same booklet shows the cutouts. Apologies for the rubbish picture, all the good ones seem to have been taken off the internet...

akzhdfh94pla.jpg

Mate, that's the stadium.

I'm not saying it's not nice, but does it really fit the descriptions coming from the club. "The greatest home ground in English football" "Something that breaks the mould"

And this from the Meis Himself. "I believe that the historic fabric of the dock is a priceless asset that will help inform a state of the art stadium unlike any other on the planet and one that will capture the magic and memory of Goodison Park".

That stadium floor plan is obviously to show things like people flow and is very specific on capacity. It may have been an initial commission from the club on the practicalities of the stadium on the docks, including north south orientation, sea levels, traffic access, etc. The render may just have been an impression by the company of what a stadium may look like on the site.

But hey, you might be right and I could be wrong. We will have to wait and see.....

Would be interesting to see a scale of cost v capacity - guess someone somewhere has done this and knows what the optimum no. of seats is.

Fans will always want the biggest stadium possible but the decision around capacity needs to factor in how long it will take to pay off the build cost. For example, if it was a:
  • 45-50k state of the art, iconic stadium which takes 15 years to pay off and is always sold out (with scope to easily extend in future IF required)
vs​
  • 55-60k with perhaps a slightly lower spec which takes 25 years to pay off and isn't always sold out or means reduced ticket pricing (thereby bringing gates receipts equivalent to the above smaller version)
Purely made up figures of course but if the difference in build cost between the two (10k seats) was say £100m that could equate to £150m+ in repayments when you factor in the £7m a year to LCC + interest if paying that bit (applying the multiple loans example) back at £20m per annum.

Heck of a difference financially if you look at it that way.

Don't doubt what you are saying, but two things: Meis has already said it won't be built with expansion in mind (that's probably why we have butted it up against two boundary lines) and it is OK to say we will save ourselves x amount in interest and repayment charges but 20 years ago they built the Millennium stadium for 150 million, today that would cost probably a billion. If we save 100/200 million now but in 15-20 years time it costs 300M to expand it then we won't have saved anything and just created a longer period where we have to keep paying out at the mercy of changing interest rates.

In my mind - the 'who' would be the club as a self sufficient operating entity and wouldn't be the owners - they come and go.

It's a case of how much can we get coming in and what's left in the pot after the stadium loan payments AND any loan payments to the owners (originally £80m but seem to recall there was a debt of £55m outstanding in the last but one set of accounts). Then there's all the operating costs, players wages etc - how competitive could we be in the market with what's left?

IIRC the latest TV money (new deal) has not grown domestically but may do so in the next few years IF tech co's enter the fray and it opens up new global markets in which case there'll be more revenue via the PL. However, this may be partially offset by increasing transfer fees and wages.

I think you missed the point in the WHO And Realistic and who was being referred to
It wasn’t the club and it wasn’t Moshiri , but someone who a lot of people believe is operating in the background
Training ground sponsor should give you a clue