New Everton Stadium Discussion

The interest rate for 25 year loans from the Public Works Loans Board yesterday was 2.6%, which is up from the 2.26% at the turn on the year. This gives the need for the Council to pay a total of about £381m or about £15.25m a year. The club would have to pay this and the additional £7m, giving a total of just over £22m a year. I have neglected the PWLB fees for arranging the loan. (They have to borrow the money in the first place.)

I doubt that the Council will take out only one loan, though. They will more likely take out over 20 of various lengths and interest rates. (Short term rates are much lower than loans of 25 years.)

Hopefully when the new stadium is operational and there will some funds available to the club from the increased capacity over GP.

Lets assume that figure is ballpark. (Not a clue me)

The key answer to your question is realistic to who?
Roydo I’ve told you before stop teasing them.
To answer the OP
Naming rights , greater matchday revenue due to corporate box sales , greater food and beverage sales , increased season ticket sales and walk up tickets , increased non matchday revenue , will all help cover the extra costs , or so the theory goes and we should have more to spend on players than we do now

Partly - by that I mean the issues they've faced more recently. Lots of deals with Jorge Mendes inc. some where players were bought for big money and simply weren't good enough so were loaned out or sold at a big loss. Other times they've sold big stars fir huge fees which wasn't put back into the team.

All started when the property market crashed in the late 00's. When the bubble burst the value of the real estate crashed and so they couldn't sell the Mestalla (prime land in Valencia) at the value they needed to finish the new stadium. (I remember seeing the mock ups of the new stadium and when finished it was going to be like the Wanderlei but without the roof).

I've been to the Mestalla and although it's not a huge stadium (45k ish IIRC) the atmosphere is incredible.
Los Che fans are very passionate, very noisy and at that time tickets were sold out for all games way in advance.

p.s. - new to the site and been going through this thread over the last week or two. Exciting times ahead !

Welcome and thanks for the reply.

I'm very confident that it is as that render, or will at least be heavily based upon the form that you can see there .

I remember when that picture was first shown and someone on this forum tweeted Dan Meis about it and his reply was "It's not ours". Besides the gaps don't appear on the Burohappold version.