New Everton Stadium Discussion

Hi - any idea if it would be a fixed interest rate and what %age of capital would have to be paid back each year?
E.g. The club borrow £200m and pay it back over say 20 years at £10m a year + interest + £7m a year to LCC.
£20m per year in total for argument sake.

From that perspective I can see why the council would want to do it. If it's over 20 years then they'd make £70m for no outlay or £35m if it was over 10 years with us covering the loan and interest.

From a club POV - we'd set aside the fixed amount each season from the tv revenue I guess which will hopefully grow a little each year.

Bit of a simplistic example I know but sounds workable.
Also - could proceeds from the sale of Goodison be put back into the club (team) if the above scenario came to pass?

Not sure if its fixed or variable rate interest ,maybe others will know.
I've heard its over 25 yrs and i don't think Goodison will be sold but redeveloped as part of ETIC with housing ,hostel,parkland etc
revenue would have to be set aside in advance and LCC would have first call on that revenue

I've heard its over 25 yrs and i don't think Goodison will be sold but redeveloped as part of ETIC with housing ,hostel,parkland etc
revenue would have to be set aside in advance and LCC would have first call on that revenue

So LCC get Goodison to redevelop as part of them setting up / financing the deal (loose term but you get my drift).

Then at the start of each season / financial year they get the first £7m of our revenue / budget for themselves and the club then sets aside the next £13m (using my example above) to make loan payments before any other outgoings are considered (investment in squad etc).

Is how I'm understanding it.
Think I read somewhere that it's likely to be on the basis of a low interest rate (as far as market rates go) with LCC acting as guarantor for the loan.

So LCC get Goodison to redevelop as part of them setting up / financing the deal (loose term but you get my drift).

Then at the start of each season / financial year they get the first £7m of our revenue / budget for themselves and the club then sets aside the next £13m (using my example above) to make loan payments before any other outgoings are considered (investment in squad etc).

Is how I'm understanding it.
Think I read somewhere that it's likely to be on the basis of a low interest rate (as far as market rates go) with LCC acting as guarantor for the loan.
Everton will keep Goodison and re develop it themselves.
They have announced that they will shortly set up meeting with local residents to discuss plans for Goodison.
LCC will not be getting Goodison.

That should have read Goodison will NOT be sold , well that’s my understanding of it

Hi - any idea if it would be a fixed interest rate and what %age of capital would have to be paid back each year?
E.g. The club borrow £200m and pay it back over say 20 years at £10m a year + interest + £7m a year to LCC.
£20m per year in total for argument sake.

From that perspective I can see why the council would want to do it. If it's over 20 years then they'd make £70m for no outlay or £35m if it was over 10 years with us covering the loan and interest.

From a club POV - we'd set aside the fixed amount each season from the tv revenue I guess which will hopefully grow a little each year.

Bit of a simplistic example I know but sounds workable.
Also - could proceeds from the sale of Goodison be put back into the club (team) if the above scenario came to pass?

The interest rate for 25 year loans from the Public Works Loans Board yesterday was 2.6%, which is up from the 2.26% at the turn on the year. This gives the need for the Council to pay a total of about £381m or about £15.25m a year. The club would have to pay this and the additional £7m, giving a total of just over £22m a year. I have neglected the PWLB fees for arranging the loan. (They have to borrow the money in the first place.)

I doubt that the Council will take out only one loan, though. They will more likely take out over 20 of various lengths and interest rates. (Short term rates are much lower than loans of 25 years.)

I thought the plan was for Everton to keep Goodison , redevelope it and keep it as part of the ETIC project
Will they hand it over to the council

I meant L4 will have it in that it will be used/developed as a local asset. EITC, but kids pitches, drop in centre for elderly/disabled/homeless, all sorts.

I posted before along the lines that we are moving grounds, but not leaving home. Or sommet. Drink had probably been taken tbh.

I meant L4 will have it in that it will be used/developed as a local asset. EITC, but kids pitches, drop in centre for elderly/disabled/homeless, all sorts.

I posted before along the lines that we are moving grounds, but not leaving home. Or sommet. Drink had probably been taken tbh.
So Everton would still own the land but develope it for the good of the city

So Everton would still own the land but develope it for the good of the city

Thats my understanding, yeah.

Lets face it, the real estate value is pennies anyrate, and the plan is to have a real community asset, that will leave an Everton sized footprint in the area.

Some clubs would rather let their neighbourhood rot, so I heard. Find that hard to believe.

Thats my understanding, yeah.

Lets face it, the real estate value is pennies anyrate, and the plan is to have a real community asset, that will leave an Everton sized footprint in the area.

Some clubs would rather let their neighbourhood rot, so I heard. Find that hard to believe.

Rather than let them rot some clubs just throw them out of their homes , and I could be on very dangerous ground here but some clubs have seen their neighbours buildings burn to the ground

The interest rate for 25 year loans from the Public Works Loans Board yesterday was 2.6%, which is up from the 2.26% at the turn on the year. This gives the need for the Council to pay a total of about £381m or about £15.25m a year. The club would have to pay this and the additional £7m, giving a total of just over £22m a year. I have neglected the PWLB fees for arranging the loan. (They have to borrow the money in the first place.)

I doubt that the Council will take out only one loan, though. They will more likely take out over 20 of various lengths and interest rates. (Short term rates are much lower than loans of 25 years.)

Thanks for that. So likely to be <£25m or thereabouts per year/season.

The club posted £30million after-tax profit and record turnover for 16/17 compared to a £24m loss in 15/16.
So looks a bit more rosy on that front but is sustaining £25m a year in payments realistic and would such a debt hinder development/growth of the team?

Certainly would require the money men to be more shrewd with transfers and managing wages etc whilst improving/maximising all revenue streams for the foreseeable future.

IMG_4103.JPG
IMG_4104.PNG
Getting back to the Stadium.....

Something has been bothering me from the images taken at the workshops. I'm intrigued by the two large gaps each side of the "Blue Wall" home end.
View attachment 45581 View attachment 45582

They are too big to be just disabled access as the other side of the ground would be the same. Also they reach right up to the roof line, no other access points do this. It's more likely they have some structural reason for being there. So what could their purpose be?

* Air Circulation? I don't think so. Other large stadiums don't have or need this feature.
* Glass Windows? Possibly. But we already know there is going to be a concourse behind the stand facing back to the city.

It looks like to me that these are gaps to enable the fitting of some sort of giant mast structures that will rise high above the roof line and have tension cables supporting some of the roof structure. Meis has a history of this, these are all his designs.

View attachment 45583 View attachment 45585 View attachment 45584

You can see from the picture above that the towers are outside the stadium, but because of the constraints of Nelson Dock I think Meis designed them to start from inside the stadium.
I may be totally wrong but I can't think of any other logical reason for those gaps to be there. If anyone else can I would be interested to hear it.

View attachment 45586

You can see the gaps here and how (if they are masts or towers) they would angle out over Nelson Dock at 45 degree angles