New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's true, it's never been done before. But a lot of things, that seemed impossible have come to fruition.

Hmmm, sounds a bit like the governments current stance on Brexit to be honest.
When you get the chance look closely at Man City's ground. Look closely behind the goals at the second tier, then look how far they are from the pitch.
It's an absolute horrendous set up as a football ground (this tier originally wrapped around the end of the running track) it's so far away from the pitch that it complete destroys the atmosphere within the ground. (When you think about why did they copy this layout at the temporary end post CWC games when they made a new end stand!?!?)

Other grounds with ill thought out second tiers are: Wembley, new Athletico Madrid stadium, London stadium or any other ground that has or can be used for Athletics.

Any of these examples are what we should be avoiding.

Real Betis have 3 sides of their ground built with steep on top of each other (overhanging) triple tier stands albeit with slightly curved sides and goal areas.
This design with straight stands is closest we could get to a 'on top of the pitch Goodison esque' stadium. This with one end being a double tier stand would look pretty awesome.

However this ground also wouldn't be able to readily accept a running track.

Regardless of what folk say on here about modern technology and new design techniques there's one thing that never changes. One can't bend the laws of physics regardless of who the architect may be.
A given area is a given area....period!!

Could get around by building a 'L' shaped stadium for the CWG's but I can't see that happening.

Great post and I agree with it all....with one exception.

I think the new Atletico stadium is brilliant given it has a need to host athletics too. Obviously I wouldn't want this for Everton but it's a great design for purpose. You're right that the second tier is far away from the pitch in order to occupy the track so maybe the video below will bring home the area required for a track and how it clearly does not fit into any football only stadium.

The best, and worst, tiered stand in football is the Bullens Road. We need a 21st Century version of that to the correct capacity.

Qualities in addition to its beauty are it's closeness to the pitch and intimacy. This is done through it's minimums. Minimum treads, minimum risers. The closeness of the start of the upper tier to the pitch. The overhang has a covers large footprint of doubled up fans, I'd guess at an overhang of 20 rows?? The minimum distance between the upper and lower. You will struggle to find a stand that has as many fans as close to the action and intimate (fans close to each other) as that.

Of course it the minimums are just too minimum for the 21st Century, so let's get the next level acceptable minimums. The club are already going for minimum treads.

How far can stands overhang these days without obstructed views? I don't know but I believe it's more when it's an individual stand rather than a bowled stand due to the need for supports in the corners?

Well the Manchester and Glasgow fathers would say that wouldn't they. And they'd be right - but seriously do you really believe that a one week event can be of any long lasting significance in the context of what is possible in the area? The infrastructure improvements will happen because Everton will be playing there every other week.

Its reported that Bham has Govt backing for CG

BisschenKiezn.gif

I am foremost an Everton supporter. That means I want what's best for Everton and to hell with whether the city benefits. Tell me, how does a one off event that costs all parties a fortune to accommodate produce financial benefits that outweigh such costs. Give me an example where a similar sporting event has proved to have produced benefits outweighing costs. Please don't quote back contrived consultancy reports where the authors are told what to conclude in advance and use limited evidence and kite flying assumptions to get what the client wants to hear. As a consultant myself I know how these things work.
Funny how people who were certain that GP couldn't possibly be redeveloped despite professional evidence to the contrary are now prepared to accept without any evidence that a tight football stadium can readily accommodate an oval running track and not be compromised significantly.
The city is going to benefit by the catalyst that is the building of the new stadium at Bramley Moore, aided and abetted by the channeling of investment from The City of London through the connections of Moshiri, Usmanov, and other financiers. The city of Liverpool will be expanded westwards on the banks of the Mersey beyond recognition. The CG are an irrelevance to this happening.

As least a few others can see that the stadium is only a by product of a much bigger plan and money making plan for the docks.
The club will benefit as we get a new stadium which will have to hitch its skirt up and be used to attract bigger investment companies such as those you mentioned plus Corestate

Some more mega stadiums to check out - I recently found images of this new(ish - 2015) stadium in Monterrey, Mexico. I think it's a cracker... right colour scheme as well....
Estadio BBVA Bancomer
Nicknamed - "The Steel giant" - capacity of 52, 237.

Check out the view from behind that stand...boss, that. Now imagine one of similar with the pier head buildings...View attachment 40354 View attachment 40355 View attachment 40356 View attachment 40357
Hate it!!! Looks like Independence Day

Well both Manchester and Glasgow reported mass increase in spending and driving money into the local economy, the footfall throughout the city increased massively as well.

I'm not sure what the relevance with GP redevelopment and a track inside BMD, in all honesty I haven't seen anyone who fits into that category you've described. Anyway that question would need to be aimed at the owners.

And yes you are correct that docks will go through some serious redevelopment, but considering this is a 50 year master plan I dont expect to see this developed over night. Plus this ends at BMD as the rest of the docks fall into PP's development liked to L2

However, the games would more than likely change this. Certain infrastructure needs to be in place and considering the economy could change overnight with the announcement, I'd expect the development of the area to gather a bit of pace.

Just to let people know , to most people outside of the commonwealth the commonwealth games are an irrelevance and will have no bearing on wether they visit the city or not.
A 60.000 seater stadium. ( which can be used for concerts etc) a cruise line terminal , a Beatles experience attraction , convention centres , bars restaurants and high quality accommodations are things that will encourage people to visit.
Wether or not Liverpool get the games won't affect the clubs plans.
Moshiri won't let his plans and ideas be sidetracked for a one weeek sideshow