New Everton Stadium Discussion

The concern is that there's never before been a track placed inside a tight football stadium. The geometry doesn't allow it and our budget certainly doesn't.

If we win the games I'm fully expecting one end to be completed afterwards.

It's true, it's never been done before. But a lot of things, that seemed impossible have come to fruition.

For me, the long term potential that the games could deliver, both to the club and the city, has the potential to be massive. With the footfall that can be generated from none matchday revenue I think it puts us in a marvellous position if the games are announced

Should I apply? :cool:
Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 5.56.08 PM.png

It's true, it's never been done before. But a lot of things, that seemed impossible have come to fruition.

For me, the long term potential that the games could deliver, both to the club and the city, has the potential to be massive. With the footfall that can be generated from none matchday revenue I think it puts us in a marvellous position if the games are announced

I am foremost an Everton supporter. That means I want what's best for Everton and to hell with whether the city benefits. Tell me, how does a one off event that costs all parties a fortune to accommodate produce financial benefits that outweigh such costs. Give me an example where a similar sporting event has proved to have produced benefits outweighing costs. Please don't quote back contrived consultancy reports where the authors are told what to conclude in advance and use limited evidence and kite flying assumptions to get what the client wants to hear. As a consultant myself I know how these things work.
Funny how people who were certain that GP couldn't possibly be redeveloped despite professional evidence to the contrary are now prepared to accept without any evidence that a tight football stadium can readily accommodate an oval running track and not be compromised significantly.
The city is going to benefit by the catalyst that is the building of the new stadium at Bramley Moore, aided and abetted by the channeling of investment from The City of London through the connections of Moshiri, Usmanov, and other financiers. The city of Liverpool will be expanded westwards on the banks of the Mersey beyond recognition. The CG are an irrelevance to this happening.

True that mrb85 all games like these leave behind are white elephants, The London Stadium being a good example, and debts.

Joe Anderson seems to be selling off buildings left right and center, i heard The Municipal Building on Dale Street is the latest he is selling someone told me earlier, but at the same time thinks we can waste money on these games. Its a joke.

Beside if this is holding up Everton puttting the plans out we have a problem.

I can't understand how people don't want the city to get the CWG. The fear by comparing us to Hampden and London Stadium as really got some people living on the edge. A new stadium will not be in comparison to either of those venues; Hampden was built in 1907 and was last renovated 20 years ago, and the London stadium was built as an athletics stadium.

If the City does win the games the windfall for Everton would be huge. We would be central top what can only be described as one of the biggest regeneration builds in Europe, the footfall and revenue that would come our way following this would enable us to take an even bigger step to competing. Not to mention all the foreign investment, a PL club located in the middle of a cash cow would have investors rubbing their hands.

Modern architects have the tools and techniques to do amazing things these days, so don't panic over the thought of a running track as i'm sure there'll be a solution already on the table.
There's always a cost to these 'Amazing Things' and 'Solutions' Chris
This being Everton, past form might indicate total coque-up or a half arsed, neither chalk or cheese result having a good chance of a medal finish.
Building & Engineering are mostly governed by the 2 out 3 rule - Speed, Quality, Cost...prioritising any 2 will compromise the 3rd

Cheap and Quick may affect Quality
Speed AND Quality will Cost you.
Quality and Cheapness might take time

Anybody who has watched an episode of 'Grand Designs' knows what the usual outcome ends up being

Not getting the Games removes any chance of a potential coque-up and / or budget blow out.

GO THE BRUMMIES.

I am foremost an Everton supporter. That means I want what's best for Everton and to hell with whether the city benefits. Tell me, how does a one off event that costs all parties a fortune to accommodate produce financial benefits that outweigh such costs. Give me an example where a similar sporting event has proved to have produced benefits outweighing costs. Please don't quote back contrived consultancy reports where the authors are told what to conclude in advance and use limited evidence and kite flying assumptions to get what the client wants to hear. As a consultant myself I know how these things work.
Funny how people who were certain that GP couldn't possibly be redeveloped despite professional evidence to the contrary are now prepared to accept without any evidence that a tight football stadium can readily accommodate an oval running track and not be compromised significantly.
The city is going to benefit by the catalyst that is the building of the new stadium at Bramley Moore, aided and abetted by the channeling of investment from The City of London through the connections of Moshiri, Usmanov, and other financiers. The city of Liverpool will be expanded westwards on the banks of the Mersey beyond recognition. The CG are an irrelevance to this happening.
This all day long and twice on sundays

Some more mega stadiums to check out - I recently found images of this new(ish - 2015) stadium in Monterrey, Mexico. I think it's a cracker... right colour scheme as well....
Estadio BBVA Bancomer
Nicknamed - "The Steel giant" - capacity of 52, 237.

Check out the view from behind that stand...boss, that. Now imagine one of similar with the pier head buildings...
BBVA Bancomer Stadium opening.jpg
estadio-bbva-bancomer-monterrey-bbva-efe-e1501750889244.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-07-27-at-2.44.13-PM.jpg
SPORTS_Populous__Estadio_BBVA_Bancomer__Monterrey__Mexico.jpg