New Everton Stadium Discussion

So what you're saying is, I said the same things a month ago. Literally the only difference is the capacity will be 58000 and the additional bit about one side being a massive one tier stand.

And my post that you quoted was before I got my latest information which could not be more concrete. Or from a better source. Think what would be the best possible source for information on Everton's new stadium design.

If you want to take this to PMs we can.
Can't say I like the idea of a brick stadium :/

I know they built a new stand there a few years ago.

They did indeed:

Screenshot_20170417-183955.jpg

Didn't they build a temporary track at Hampden on stilts so that it was raised to a higher level and therefore gave the required circumference for a track?

As a principle what's wrong with that as a solution, with the caveat that it doesn't impinge on the stadium design itself?

this is actually a problem that's easy to solve. In America every high school has Telescopic gymnasium bleachers. When a facility needs to open up space for another sporting event, the bleacher system can retract into a compact storage position, maximizing the facility floor space. All rows move at once to a closed position and provide either a flat fold front or closed back, increasing usable floor space.

For Track & Field they are closed.

telescopic_bleachers-resized-600.jpg

For football they are open.

freestanding_full-resized-600.jpg

Innovative but what happens if you want to leave early. Will there be overtaking lanes in the stadium.

Everybody gets to see the end of the game in this alternate universe. And why wouldn't you after we extend our winning streak at home to over 3 years... :)

That or the monorail cars will get hover conversions. Back to the future promised us that we'd have them by now. Surely can't be too much longer... :p

Think that stadium will get built up to a much bigger capacity.

Birmingham have the team that won the London 2012 bid, they also have the team that has been previously involved in all recent Commonwealth games wins doing the feasibility study for them. Results will be out this month apparently.

Its my my view only, but its nailed on for Birmingham to win.

Birmingham have the team that won the London 2012 bid, they also have the team that has been previously involved in all recent Commonwealth games wins doing the feasibility study for them. Results will be out this month apparently.

Cheers for the info mate

Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I was lying along mate. What a pleb I am. I said 60k and now I'm saying 58k. What a massive discrepancy in planned capacity, that totally proves I'm full of it, me. There's absolutely no chance that I heard stuff, posted it on GOT, and then got it all clarified since March 21st, and posted again on here.

Can't be arsed posting anymore, at least for now. You got me. Think what you like mate.
Thanks for the updates.

We will all just have to wait and see what is eventually proposed. I am accepting the posters bona fides , the rest can do as they please.