New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think Joe Anderson needs to take a trip to West Ham's ground and see how that's working out. If we build a stadium with space for a running track round the outside it will be an unmitigated disaster, and will ruin all the good work done to get to this point.

The Olympic Stadium was built for athletics though, then converted.

We'll build a football stadium and work in a temporary fix (if it even happens)

Hampden Park is the blueprint.

GTF Anderson you clown.
Didn't they build a temporary track at Hampden on stilts so that it was raised to a higher level and therefore gave the required circumference for a track?

As a principle what's wrong with that as a solution, with the caveat that it doesn't impinge on the stadium design itself?

We've spent around £77m this season and recouped about £55m.

We didn't top the net spend chart, so that makes Moshiri a fraud, obviously
What exactly do those two figures cover? Is that just players? If so does it take into account things like Barnsley recovering a 1/5 of the Stones fee?

I'm beginning to think Dave is cherry picking certain aspects of what has been spent, or in John Stones case not received (Barnsley) to suit his anti-Moshiri agenda.

We spent £33ish million in January so how our net spend is on £23m seems odd to me.
Dave cherry pick certain points for his own agenda? Gosh man what slander... wash your mouth out!! Erm... (insert sarcastic font)

I mean it's not like he's saying that the finances are the councils until they deem we can have them.. Oh wait.. erm...i actually wonder if the document was actually read by people or are they just deliberately misquoting the document...

I thought the council of the city he represents was going to receive a minimum of £4.4m per year for no financial cost to itself.

I think the cut backs that have effected other issues should be kept away from this deal as they are serious and shouldn't be used as a cheap shot or a tool for insult in your tirade against a couple of blokes you've taken a dislike to.
It's relevant. It goes right to competency...or lack of it.

What exactly do those two figures cover? Is that just players? If so does it take into account things like Barnsley recovering a 1/5 of the Stones fee?
That's just the headline fees mate. It excludes the 15% for Barnsley for Stones, the compo for Clown shoes, Ronald, Walsh etc.

The BBC NW lunchtime news included brief coverage of the city bid(s) for future CWGs. Featured a bunch of individuals posing with various sports equipment - included Anderson and Denise Barrett-Baxendale - just EiTC or another hint about a provisional role for the new stadium, if the bid is successful?

Didn't they build a temporary track at Hampden on stilts so that it was raised to a higher level and therefore gave the required circumference for a track?

As a principle what's wrong with that as a solution, with the caveat that it doesn't impinge on the stadium design itself?
Yes, they did. And here's what it looks like without the track...

hampden2.jpg

...boss isn't it?

Have you seen Hampden Park? If you think that's a template for what we need then I think you may be in a small minority.

These things are always "temporary" but every single one look terrible after they've supposedly been "put right".

It's appalling prospect. There's no polishing that turd. It's a stadium with a track and field incorporated into it and it'll be an utter non-starter to turn into a football stadium.
Hamden park is a boring bowl with a running track. If Everton end up with that I will get a Martinez tattoo on my forehead and use it as my avatar.

Hamden park is a boring bowl with a running track. If Everton end up with that I will get a Martinez tattoo on my forehead and use it as my avatar.
Nah get an @davek tattoo on your heads instead... it better still maybe one combining Martinez and Dave.. . I'm sure you can work out what I mean ;)

I notice the Echo haven't reported this yet...still waiting for their instructions on how to spin it.

Should be here soon though. That'll be a hilarious exercise.