New Everton Stadium Discussion

For me any talk about Running tracks and Commonwealth games should be irrelevant to us as we are the ones paying the mortgage on the ground. The only way that a running track will be added will be if LCC or some other entity put a substantial amount of cash in the pot for the stadium build which I can't see happening in the present climate. Of course I could be wrong and something could have been included in the paperwork agreeing to the funding but I can't see the mosh agreeing to something like that unless there is a significant cash incentive.

Yes, after 40 years we will have the option to buy out the remaining 160 years for some ridiculous fee, like £1.
As for what happens to the land in 200 years should Peel dissolve? No idea. I'm sure we would have a contingency in plan?
You think we will still be there in 200 years?
200 years is likely a tax dodge

Yes, after 40 years we will have the option to buy out the remaining 160 years for some ridiculous fee, like £1.
As for what happens to the land in 200 years should Peel dissolve? No idea. I'm sure we would have a contingency in plan?
You think we will still be there in 200 years?

The fee after 40 years is one of the unknowns though. While it may be £1 it could be market value.

It's why for me the deal looks good but it is right to reserve judgement until the finer details can be scrutinised.

Dave, Dave, Dave...Even a league 1 club (Wolves at the time) had a turnover high enough to comfortably pay for the stadium. Even if the skies fall in you would imagine the top division clubs will still better the income of a moderate sized club in the 3rd division. With proper forward planning that repayment can easily be covered.

Unless something new comes up to give doubts the constant doom mongering at this stage is at best tiring.
You think a stadium will cost the £300M debt the club is currently looking at having to pay?

Sorry. Double that and you'll be nearer the final cost.

There is a far bigger game being played out in all this Dave.

Eggsactly
And no one here is privy to it.
Not even your best mates sisters cousin brother in laws uncle who takes out the bins at Finch Farm.
FFS lads Moshiri and his buddies / boss didn't become billionaires by letting all and sundry know their 5/10 yr plans.
Usmanov has got himself into a pickle at Arsenal ( big investment no control ) and he and Moshiri won't make the same mistake again.

I'm comfortable with all of the above. In fact, I'm not even slightly bothered. As custodian of the club, I'll be measuring Moshiri (and anyone else he brings on board) on the success of the club and the team during his tenure. A new stadium on the banks of the Mersey and a few pots in the trophy cabinet, and we'll all be happy. If he makes a few quid along the way, big deal. What's the alternative, another 20 years of stagnation with a stadium that is crumbling before our eyes
I'm not comfortable with a man coming in and making cash out of the club every which way. And how does a new stadium convert to trophies in the cabinet? Cant remember too many going into Sunderland's cabinet or Southampton's.

All about your outlook really, all 3 of those points, if correct, are extremely beneficial for us as well;

1/ Which will in turn allow us to loan money at a previously unobtainably low interest rate, via the slick financial model set up, saving us a fortune in standard market interest rates.

2/ and allowing us access to USM steel and infrastructure at 'mates rates' costs.

3/ leaving behind a club worth vastly more than than when he invested, increased revenue streams, and with a brand new stadium on the waterfront, to secure the club's home for future generations.

Almost like the definition of a win/win.
"Slick" and "clever". Two words attributed to this financial exposure I shudder when I read.