New Everton Stadium Discussion

Let's not get carried away. Dan Meis doesn't design crap football stadia.

Not to be pedantic, but I'm not sure he's had a football (i.e. soccer) stadium built yet has he? As far as I know Roma will actually be his first.

Looking at his designs, he's certainly not going to land you with an identikit stadium, and the level of engagement with fans is promising, but I'd still be keeping a close eye on how successful the Roma project turns out to be.

I had a little trip on the ferry today. A massive Everton stadium at Bramley Moore really is going to be a game changer. The extension of the waterfront will be fantastic for the city and it will transform the perception of the club, being in such an iconic location.

You can see Anfield a few miles inland, it will look so insignificant from the river behind our modern, huge waterfront stadium.

Why is everyone against a bowl design?
Is this a new orthodoxy which I must learn to follow if I am to be accepted by the habitual posters on GOT?
Also, why the opposition to a running track? Won't retractable seats work?

Why is everyone against a bowl design?
Is this a new orthodoxy which I must learn to follow if I am to be accepted by the habitual posters on GOT?
Also, why the opposition to a running track? Won't retractable seats work?

Think people prefer the 4 sided grounds, the 1s that havent been built for over 50 years for numerous reasons.

Retractable seats wont work, the running track will spoil the atmosphere.

DCP_1499.JPG

I always enjoyed the view watching Brighton. I even got to come 3rd in the county school 400m there.

Well, that seems to the case, but I don't understand why. Stoke City is a four-sided ground, Lille is a bowl. I know which one I would prefer.
I agree to be honest, I like bowls myself, there are plenty of good bowls and a lot of awful 4 sided grounds.
Thankfully I'm sure we have the right man to design a great ground whatever they go for, and after the design is out there is going to fume coming from somewhere whatever he does