New Everton Stadium Discussion

The final decision on which English city will be chosen to bid for the CWG 2026 will not be taken until September 2018.
Elstone has suggested a timescale of submitting a planning application at the end of 2017.
Conclusion; the Mayor will exert substantial pressure on EFC to include a running track as part of the stadium design.
There may already be an 'understanding' there that it was contingent on getting LCC to provide the SPV financial arrangement. Who knows?
So even if Liverpool fail to be chosen we could still end up in a 'bowl' for the next 100 years.
I hope the powers that be at EFC have the foresight not to compromise the future of the club like that.

...I recall Anderson mentioning how Celtic Park was used to support the Commonwealth Games. I'm sure he said the plan would be to drop a temporary bowl into the stadium. When I checked, Celtic Park was only used for the opening ceremony. I'm sure Bramley Moore will be a football stadium but if the games hastens the build it might be an inconvenient convenient.

The final decision on which English city will be chosen to bid for the CWG 2026 will not be taken until September 2018.
Elstone has suggested a timescale of submitting a planning application at the end of 2017.
Conclusion; the Mayor will exert substantial pressure on EFC to include a running track as part of the stadium design.
There may already be an 'understanding' there that it was contingent on getting LCC to provide the SPV financial arrangement. Who knows?
So even if Liverpool fail to be chosen we could still end up in a 'bowl' for the next 100 years.
I hope the powers that be at EFC have the foresight not to compromise the future of the club like that.
So again just totally ignoring the architects comments saying it won't be a bowl

...I recall Anderson mentioning how Celtic Park was used to support the Commonwealth Games. I'm sure he said the plan would be to drop a temporary bowl into the stadium. When I checked, Celtic Park was only used for the opening ceremony. I'm sure Bramley Moore will be a football stadium but if the games hastens the build it might be an inconvenient convenient.
Anderson also mentioned anfield could have a running track added

So again just totally ignoring the architects comments saying it won't be a bowl

Still not quite sure what he means by that. Does he mean it won't be a West Ham style bowl, or does he mean it won't even have rounded corners and he's thinking of 4 very distinct sides?

Does he count e.g. his Roma designs as a bowl? Or the Etihad (which he's referenced before)? I don't think he's been *that* clear about this.

Still not quite sure what he means by that. Does he mean it won't be a West Ham style bowl, or does he mean it won't even have rounded corners and he's thinking of 4 very distinct sides?

Does he count e.g. his Roma designs as a bowl? Or the Etihad (which he's referenced before)? I don't think he's been *that* clear about this.
Spurs playing some boss footy mate, it's a joy to watch

The Simpson's monorail episode is on channel 4 now. You can watch it on +1 later if you missed it
tmp_3152-1280px-Wuppertal-100522-13449-Sonnborn1828160532.jpg

Anyone who thinks that retractable seating is a solution, doesn't really grasp how far the stands are behind a goal with an athletic track.

There's probably a gap of 40+ meters from the front seat (and no view) to the goal. Retractable seating might bring seats closer by 10 - 15 meters.

The only satisfactory solution that would be prohibitively expensive. Probably a temporary build, then a re-build, or else one of those mad solutions that even Qatar couldn't afford. The council would be better off building a cheap basic athletics bowl at Stonebridge cross - unless we foot the bill.

Glasgow City Council had to stump up £80M toward the costs of their Games in 2014. The legacy from such events is very iffy. When you're cutting council spending on essential services it's obscene to be making that outlay - especially on second rate no mark events like the Commonwealth Games.

3.17 Final modelling, using the SG Input-Output framework, shows the £530 million investment of the Games related capital programme over the six years to 2014 is estimated to have supported, in gross terms, on average 1,100 jobs and contributed £50 million to Scotland’s GVA in each year. Of this, the capital programme is estimated to have supported on average 600 jobs in Glasgow and contributed £30 million to Glasgow’s GVA in each year.

3.18 The SG Input-Output Framework was also used to estimate the employment and GVA impacts of activities of the Glasgow 2014 Organising Committee to deliver the Games event. Audit Scotland report the cost of delivering the Games event was £543 million. This includes £70 million contribution to the Games capital programme. To avoid double counting, this £70 million has been netted from the cost of delivering the Games, therefore, the sum modelled was £473 million.

3.19 The final modelling finds the £473 million spend by the Organising Committee over the eight years to 2014 to deliver the Games event is estimated to have supported, in gross terms, on average 900 jobs and contributed £40 million to Scotland’s GVA in each year. Of this, the spend is estimated to have supported on average 500 jobs in Glasgow and contributed £20 million to Glasgow’s GVA in each year.

3.20 Finally, primary data from the Games Time Visitor Survey has been used to estimate the economic impact of visitors to the Games. The economic impact of spending by visitors, volunteers and media is estimated to have supported, in gross terms, 3,575 jobs and contributed £124 million to Scotland’s GVA in 2014. Of this, at the Glasgow level, the spending by visitors, volunteers and media supported, in gross terms, the equivalent of 2,075 jobs and contributed £63 million to Glasgow’s GVA in 2014.

3.21 A net impact of the economic impact of Games visitors, accounting for displacement and deadweight, has also been estimated. At the Scotland level, the spending by visitors, volunteers and media associated with Glasgow 2014 and Festival 2014 supported, in net terms, the equivalent of 2,138 jobs and contributed £73 million to Scotland’s GVA in 2014. Of this, at the Glasgow level, the spending by visitors, volunteers and media associated with Glasgow 2014 and Festival 2014 supported, in net terms, the equivalent of 1,227 jobs and contributed £37 million to Glasgow’s GVA in 2014.

3.22 In total, therefore, the preparation for and delivery of the XX Commonwealth Games is estimated to have contributed, in gross terms, £740 million to Scotland’s GVA over the eight year period from winning the bid in 2007 to hosting the Games in 2014. On average, at the Scotland level, 2,100 jobs are estimated to have been supported in each year, with a clear peak in 2014.

3.23 Of this, at the Glasgow level, the preparation for and delivery of the XX Commonwealth Games is estimated to have contributed, in gross terms, £390 million to Glasgow’s GVA over the eight year period from the winning of the bid in 2007 to the hosting of the Games in 2014, and to have supported on average 1,200 jobs in each year.