New Everton Stadium Discussion

Norways new build is a monstrosity, I'd seriously hate for us to do something similar even if it meant staying at Goodison.

As if there place didn't look like a Lego build in the first place.

The thing is, monstrosity or not, at the start of the 2016/17 season they'll be able to accommodate upto 59,000 inmates at circa £40 a head... over £2,000,000 per game in gate revenue alone on top of the very lucrative sponsorship they already enjoy and will likely improve upon.

Our board need to act now !!

The thing is, monstrosity or not, at the start of the 2016/17 season they'll be able to accommodate upto 59,000 inmates at circa £40 a head... over £2,000,000 per game in gate revenue alone on top of the very lucrative sponsorship they already enjoy and will likely improve upon.

And the extra corporate hospitality revenue they will create.

Yeah, I'm glad we aren't doing anything like that.

There welcome to it, what's the difference between that and our match day take?

Do we really think they'll sell out 60k every second week.

Long term I think this is an awfull move, wallpapering over very fundamental cracks.

A huge difference my friend and you can bet they'll be close to filling it as like Manu, the increased capacity will enable them to accommodate all the inmates from Essex and elsewhere who currently can't get a ticket. Do not be fooled, they will market that extra capacity and milk it for all it's worth.

Last edited:
Some good points made above.

But Bill Kenwright needs to reaffirm progress this week.

I'm seeing that BBC article and I'm fuming

I'm not arsed - they'll still be landlocked in a suburban area.

Let's not forget that they're only doing what they're doing because it's the cheaper option instead of building a new stadium outright.

If we could actually get our act together funding wise, even with commercial partners, we'll end up with the better stadium because it will be brand new, state of the art, with more scope for future expansion, and also more saleable to stadium naming rights.

Long term I think this is an awfull move, wallpapering over very fundamental cracks.

Can you please explain how them updating their stadium, increasing their capacity and thus considerably increasing their revenue is a bad move for them?

A huge difference my friend and you can bet they'll be close to filling it as like Manu, the increased capacity will enable them to accommodate all the inmates from Essex and elsewhere who currently can't get a ticket. Do not be rolled, they will market that extra capacity and milk it for all it's worth.

I think it remains to be seen sure they will sell out the like of the Utd game but Hull at home? Stoke? I wonder.

The cost of this is also being borrowed from the owners if that makes sense, we know from Hicks, Gillette (legends) and Learner how that goes.

If I was one of them I'd learn how to use a knife and fork, but also be furious the new build in the parrk didn't go ahead - all they're doing here is wallpapering over the cracks, Anfeild is an awfull stadium, Goodison has its faults but has character Anfield is like a do it yourself b & Q shed. While the new build is just heaping manure on manure for me.

Last edited:
I'm not arsed - they'll still be landlocked in a suburban area.

Let's not forget that they're only doing what they're doing because it's the cheaper option instead of building a new stadium outright.

If we could actually get our act together funding wise, even with commercial partners, we'll end up with the better stadium because it will be brand new, state of the art, with more scope for future expansion, and also more saleable to stadium naming rights.
Elstone? That you?

Can you please explain how them updating their stadium, increasing their capacity and thus considerably increasing their revenue is a bad move for them?

As above mate. Have we worked out the financial difference of what we get and the 2 mill they'll get for a sell out? Generally interested here.

Would be really interested to see the details of the loan the owners are giving for this as well - hilarious - owners loaning thier own asset money to be paid back to them. The interest would be very interesting to see.

As above mate. Have we worked out the financial difference of what we get and the 2 mill they'll get for a sell out? Generally interested here.

Would be really interested to see the details of the loan the owners are giving for this as well - hilarious - owners loaning thier own asset money to be paid back to them. The interest would be very interesting to see.

Apparently interest free loan, the group done the same for the baseball lot.

Let's face it, they were always going to beat us to expansion/new stadium. Bill probably still harbours ambition's about Kings dock, when/if we do announce something prepare for Barkley to City,Coleman to Utd, Stones to Chelsea and McCarthy to Arsenal. The £100m should cater for planning application that will probably fail anyways.