New Everton Stadium Discussion

The dark side start construction of the death star on Monday. Gradual expansion to 54,000 then 59,000 later.

We should not allow temporary team form to distract from a need to expand capacity for the club to 55,000 to 60,000

If we don't the financial disparity will become unacceptable to anyone who thinks Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Frankly EFC need to be pushing for expansion. None stop. Vocally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30327242

Liverpool's Anfield stadium expansion: Construction to begin on Monday

They have the city by its balls, and they know it.

Now their stadium has commenced construction, they'll be pushing for protests at WHP now. Whether this falls into our boards favour, i don't know, cue the line... "well at least we tried"

I can't see this happening unless the old "Retail solution" can be employed, like at Kirkby. It's not that this would be impossible, most of the major supermarkets are investing heavily now and could see having a football stadium as a unique selling point.

I just hope the club are actually doing something with this, based on their track record, I am not holding my breath

Major supermarkets are feeling the pinch now. Aldi and Lidl are hitting them hard.

Quite a few new Tesco stores are mothballed at the minute. I think that ship has sailed now.

Im7ItUL.jpg

My thoughts on the matter.

We need to get things moving. May help with focusing the players too.

Im7ItUL.jpg

My thoughts on the matter.

We need to get things moving. May help with focusing the players too.
I see. That is why they are playing like crap. Of course. Supporters continually search for reasons/excuses to justify players that just aren't good enough. I say we need to get things moving and get rid of average footballers that continually let the Everton Football Club down and won't win us anything ;)

Can't see anything happening in the near future with us and the stadium.

Even if we're 12 months behind. Thats not an issue.

We need assurance that GUARENTEED we will be in a 55,000 + stadium by X date.

That allows business that want to satellite around us can make plans too.

Commercial Revenue increases!!!

I see. That is why they are playing like crap. Of course. Supporters continually search for reasons/excuses to justify players that just aren't good enough. I say we need to get things moving and get rid of average footballers that continually let the Everton Football Club down and won't win us anything ;)

You what? :dodgy:

Even if we're 12 months behind. Thats not an issue.

We need assurance that GUARENTEED we will be in a 55,000 + stadium by X date.

That allows business that want to satellite around us can make plans too.

Commercial Revenue increases!!!

I'm intrigued to see who is doing the design and who the construction firm doing the build will be.

The need for the club to find and secure some major league investment now becomes even more pressing. It's bad enough that Manu, City and Chelski have bottomless pits of money to draw upon, and the Arse have serious money available to them too, but now the RS have the green light to extend the pit to hold 59,000 we are going to be left seriously behind. Cue Spurs and even West Ham getting bigger stadia in the national capital and in five years time, we'll be lucky to make top eight with our limited spending power and we'll be up against Newcastle who already have 50,000 capacity and the extra income that can attract. Heaven help us if Sunderland with 48,000 capacity ever get their act together !!

Come on Bill and that no-mark CEO, the time is now and the need is ever more urgent... find what we need to keep our fabled club in the elite, we cannot become also rans, it's just not right.

haha...I like how progressing with the stadium debate soon will make the likes of McGeady and Naismith, to name two, become superstars and take Everton into the top 4 ;)

You can do one saying that about Naismith. :red: He's class. You're delusional.

Nothing to do with the stadium topic either.

You can do one saying that about Naismith. :red: He's class. You're delusional.

Nothing to do with the stadium topic either.
I agree nothing to do with the stadium debate...hence my sarcastic response to your initial comment "May help with focusing the players too"
Still love your work...

The need for the club to find and secure some major league investment now becomes even more pressing. It's bad enough that Manu, City and Chelski have bottomless pits of money to draw upon, and the Arse have serious money available to them too, but now the RS have the green light to extend the pit to hold 59,000 we are going to be left seriously behind. Cue Spurs and even West Ham getting bigger stadia in the national capital and in five years time, we'll be lucky to make top eight with our limited spending power and we'll be up against Newcastle who already have 50,000 capacity and the extra income that can attract. Heaven help us if Sunderland with 48,000 capacity ever get their act together !!

Come on Bill and that no-mark CEO, the time is now and the need is ever more urgent... find what we need to keep our fabled club in the elite, we cannot become also rans, it's just not right.

I've told you time and again "investment" can only go in to stadia. Due to FFP.

Investment in players isn't "investment".

This only comes from within the club.

We need to ensure finance is there for prompt expansion in capacity. To boost commercial revenue.

Thats what we need.

Fight fire with fire.

Or the death star with the millenium falcon