New Everton Stadium Discussion

Don't care what the new stadium looks like, I just want it to have great views, and it to be the loudest stadium in the world.

If possible I'd love to be in row z and be able to flick Jordan Henderson in the eyeball when he takes a throw.

I can't find the link to this, but I remember reading about one of Malaysia's (?)largest stadiums and the reason it was its capacity was so high was because the executive boxes just had a load of office chairs in them boosting the capacity by thousands.

An interesting way of having a higher capacity with very little effort.

Don't care what the new stadium looks like, I just want it to have great views, and it to be the loudest stadium in the world.

If possible I'd love to be in row z and be able to flick Jordan Henderson in the eyeball when he takes a throw.
I think he'll be playing non-league football by then.

I can't find the link to this, but I remember reading about one of Malaysia's (?)largest stadiums and the reason it was its capacity was so high was because the executive boxes just had a load of office chairs in them boosting the capacity by thousands.

Lolwut :Blink:

For 'interesting' read 'povvo'.

The exec boxes are about revenue, not capacity. I'd rather say our capacity was 5k less than cram a bunch of chairs from Staples into each box. Cos no exec is going to accept that on a regular basis.

Further to the recent posts about the Superbowl Venue being very smart, I've been checking out some of the ultra-modern US stadiums currently in use. Here is next year's Superbowl venue - The US Bank Arena, Minnesota. Capacity of 66'000 (expandable to 73'000 for certain events). It is based on Nordic architecture (as the Vikings US Football team play there), hence the strange angular design.

I found this segment from Wikipedia entry particularly interesting: The translucent roof and large wall panels also give fans a view of downtown Minneapolis.[15] The glass operable wall panels will allow the stadium to experience some of the outdoor elements while providing protection from the snow, rain, and the cold winter weather....

It's a very striking design, I'm certain. Very flashy and modern. What do forum members think?

Vikings_bowl.0.jpg
3d90f2-20160919-vikings-packers04.jpg
47f0f2-20160804-usbankstadium-soccer-04.jpg
jason.gonzalez_1472141498_Vikings Sellout.JPG
US_Bank_Stadium_-_West_Facade.jpg
US_Bank_Stadium_interior_-_Minnesota_Vikings_orientation.jpg