New Everton Stadium Discussion

That Vikings stadium has lots of good & bad features. I really like how imposing the upper tiers look & it would help in making a wall of fans smothering the pitch. Having said that, the gap between the playing surface & lower tiers is just too big for me & the gradient of those tiers needs increasing.
The screen is too big. If the ends were both like the sides then I'm not sure where a screen would go but one that size is silly. I would rather we had an extra 1000 fans shouting us on.
I like the outside. The pointy thing looks too. The big glass window though won't work in the UK. We don't have blue sunny days here often enough to really show something like that off. Again, fill it with happy cheery fans. Still a great sight.
I like the roof. I'm new here & have no credibility so please feel free to ignore....

That Vikings stadium has lots of good & bad features. I really like how imposing the upper tiers look & it would help in making a wall of fans smothering the pitch. Having said that, the gap between the playing surface & lower tiers is just too big for me & the gradient of those tiers needs increasing.
The screen is too big. If the ends were both like the sides then I'm not sure where a screen would go but one that size is silly. I would rather we had an extra 1000 fans shouting us on.
I like the outside. The pointy thing looks too. The big glass window though won't work in the UK. We don't have blue sunny days here often enough to really show something like that off. Again, fill it with happy cheery fans. Still a great sight.
I like the roof. I'm new here & have no credibility so please feel free to ignore....

This is called the sidelines in the NFL. NFL teams have 53 active players with even larger staff to accommodate in this area. A soccer specific stadium with this design could very easily have this space reduced.

Welcome!! And I'll be the first to say it - already more credibility than some!

You won't get far with that self-deprecating attitude either.
Arrogant and shouty goes a long way.
Have you posted in the new signings thread?

As for the stadium, looks impressive but it isn't an association football stadium to intimidate opposition teams.

I'm pretty sure we'll get something the majority are satisfied with.

Further to the recent posts about the Superbowl Venue being very smart, I've been checking out some of the ultra-modern US stadiums currently in use. Here is next year's Superbowl venue - The US Bank Arena, Minnesota. Capacity of 66'000 (expandable to 73'000 for certain events). It is based on Nordic architecture (as the Vikings US Football team play there), hence the strange angular design.

I found this segment from Wikipedia entry particularly interesting: The translucent roof and large wall panels also give fans a view of downtown Minneapolis.[15] The glass operable wall panels will allow the stadium to experience some of the outdoor elements while providing protection from the snow, rain, and the cold winter weather....

It's a very striking design, I'm certain. Very flashy and modern. What do forum members think?

View attachment 34254 View attachment 34255 View attachment 34256 View attachment 34257 View attachment 34258 View attachment 34259
Americans do like views of the city from their seats, don't they?

I think that, and many of the ancillary features of American stadia, reflect the more casual sports fanbase over there. The sport is secondary to the occasion. It's like a trip to the cinema or something.

I think that stadium design reflects that. The architecture looks mad for a stadium, but if you think of it like a massive entertainment complex, it makes more sense.

Longest article ever...won't fit to copy and paste.

From Toffee web A Place to Call Home With Farhad Moshiri greasing the wheels, it feels as though Everton are closer than ever to leaving Goodison Park after 125 years for a new stadium. It's a massive undertaking fraught with risk but at the right location and with the right design, it could be the awakening of English football's sleeping giant.

http://toffeeweb.com/magazine/articles/16-17/34437.html

Longest article ever...won't fit to copy and paste.

From Toffee web A Place to Call Home With Farhad Moshiri greasing the wheels, it feels as though Everton are closer than ever to leaving Goodison Park after 125 years for a new stadium. It's a massive undertaking fraught with risk but at the right location and with the right design, it could be the awakening of English football's sleeping giant.

http://toffeeweb.com/magazine/articles/16-17/34437.html
You lost me at Toffeeweb

Had a meeting yesterday with an Isle of Man Government official who held extensive negotiations with Peel over the new IOM ferry berth (terminal) adjacent BMD.

We talked about the new stadium and he was extremely confident everything is in place & there are several Peel Executives (who happen to be Blues) driving this on as well.

A long way to go but this looks like the point in our history where we become a force again.

Just a snippet, nothing more - thought I'd share.

MB