New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've been thinking about the latticework. As iconic as it is, and as much as I love it, would it suit a modern stadium?
Obviously it will have a modern take on it but I just can't see how it would fit in.

Saying that, there's more artistic brains than mine on the case so I'll have to wait and see..would love some brickwork though.

I know what you mean. I doubt it would simply be transposed across as it would be prime (electronic) ad space in a new stadium. One for Dan to solve :dodgy:

How about this, the 2nd tier would mostly likely have electronic advertising panels all the way around, why not display the Leitch crosses as it loops through the adds? The stadium is then not stuck with them permanently but we can still get to see the iconic imagery. The quality of the screens nowadays will make it seem real and we can have the team photos with that displayed in the background.

Material costs can be kept down by innovative design and a little bit of lateral thinking.

The olympic stadium was built under budget and within time scale by utilising material that was largely already available from stock and could be reserved for 12 months while the design was finalised.

The same design team and structural engineers used the same source of supply that they used for the emirates.

Little known fact - both stadium have common sizes within their structures and, coincidently, the emirates incorporated the same size as the Cannon Street building pictured earlier (it's above the underground station and won an award, but I can't remember it's name).

Wimbledon no 2 courts roof will include some of the same sized tubes as the olympic stadium also.

Wembley was designed around material that was all specifically made for the project so they had to wait until it was made before they could start fabrication - and agreed to pay the price ruling at the date of dispatch instead of agreeing a fixed price.

And the Etihad (commonwealth stadium as it was when built) uses a type of tube that could only be sourced from one manufacturer.
John Lennon airport used elliptical tubes (oval instead of round) which cost about twice that of circular sections.

But the aesthetics were considered to be worth the cost on both schemes (how many people noticed the oval steelwork at the airport before now ?).

Spurs look to be using a combination of precast and slip formed concrete in the terracing (which I guess must have been the cheapest option,
but their roof includes some very unusual tubes that will be costing a lot simply because there are limited number of suppliers.

Forgemasters in Sheffield could produce what they want - but my guess is it will ultimately come to the UK to be fabricated near Bolton from either Italy, Germany or the far east.

I don't think they have finalised the roof design just yet so the material won't have been ordered, meanwhile steel prices have gone up 10% worldwide plus another 10% due to sterlings current weakness.
Really?! Are you sure about that?

How about this, the 2nd tier would mostly likely have electronic advertising panels all the way around, why not display the Leitch crosses as it loops through the adds? The stadium is then not stuck with them permanently but we can still get to see the iconic imagery. The quality of the screens nowadays will make it seem real and we can have the team photos with that displayed in the background.
Maybe, but I reckon they'd have 60,000 cases of epilepsy on their hands...

We need to let go of Goodison. We'll have photos and memories of it and that'll be enough. Don't get me wrong, it has a certain charm about it and I love the place...but it's a crap hole...and using even the tiniest bit of it in the design of new stadium would be out-of-context and awful.

A new stadium will create its own memories and history.

Regarding the olympic stadium construction budget and eventual cost, I'm sure.

See the following two websites

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jun/13/olympics-2012-government-data

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1213794fr.pdf

The above National audit office document shows the cost at £429million compared to the estimates shown in the Guardian article above
(also shows that the increase in security costs above the estimate was £500million)

I'm also fairly sure that the conversion from Olympic stadium to West Ham football stadium has eventually cost more than the whole original structure cost.

Moshiri owns 10% of the same companies mate.

Sorry to disappoint.

Metalloinvest (usmanovs holding company) produces steel plate and steel bars (think ships hulls and bolts),
they don't make structural type steel shapes.

The various mills in his group together produce 7% of all Russian steel - which makes them similar in size to British Steel, but making different products.

In comparison, China currently produces more than half of all the worlds steel,
10 times as much steel as is produced in all of Russia,
and 120 times as much as is produced in the UK.

Sorry to disappoint.

Metalloinvest (usmanovs holding company) produces steel plate and steel bars (think ships hulls and bolts),
they don't make structural type steel shapes.

The various mills in his group together produce 7% of all Russian steel - which makes them similar in size to British Steel, but making different products.

In comparison, China currently produces more than half of all the worlds steel,
10 times as much steel as is produced in all of Russia,
and 120 times as much as is produced in the UK.

Wiki doesnt lie mate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalloinvest