New Everton Stadium Discussion

Apples and oranges.

Coventry City's new ground, the Ricoh Arena, is not even the best (or largest) stadium in League One.

More to the point, they don't own it, they rent it. I don't know what their revenue sharing agreement is with the council, but even if it's good for the club, it's not going to be as good as if they owned the place. West Ham have some of the same issues even though they've got a nice deal. Their 60k stadium takes their overall revenues close to ours, but generates nowhere near the same levels of income the similarly sized Emirates Stadium does (officially the most lucrative stadium in Europe)

We won't have any issues like that Coventry or West Ham, and neither will Everton. A new stadium will see a substantial revenue increase and that normally leads to better things on the pitch, even if there are exceptions out there that prove the rule.

More to the point, they don't own it, they rent it. I don't know what their revenue sharing agreement is with the council, but even if it's good for the club, it's not going to be as good as if they owned the place. West Ham have some of the same issues even though they've got a nice deal. Their 60k stadium takes their overall revenues close to ours, but generates nowhere near the same levels of income the similarly sized Emirates Stadium does (officially the most lucrative stadium in Europe)

We won't have any issues like that Coventry or West Ham, and neither will Everton. A new stadium will see a substantial revenue increase and that normally leads to better things on the pitch, even if there are exceptions out there that prove the rule.

The Ricoh arena is owned by Wasps RFC.......

I see Uber are looking at naming rights for Spurs new stadium, I wonder how much they'll have to pay?

I see Uber are looking at naming rights for Spurs new stadium, I wonder how much they'll have to pay?

The article from Greg Stobart reckons £20m p/a. It also says it's unlikely Uber will end up as the sponsor as there is also interest from banks and airlines (who presumably can pay more). Don't know whether to believe the figures or not, but someone's leaked a model of the stadium with Uber plastered on the roof, so there must have been some discussion with them > http://www.squawka.com/news/uber-st...r-20m-a-year-naming-rights-of-new-home/809509

Interesting fact about the Ricoh Arena: For ages, I thought it said 'Rioch' Arena, and wondered why Coventry City would name a stadium after Seattle Sounders and Torquay United legend Bruce Rioch. As I say, interesting fact.
tumblr_ngktqazjSb1rr3e03o6_1280.jpg