New Everton Stadium Discussion

Absolutely agree.

45,000 would be a safe and reasonable starting point.

55k is the number we need

We would get 7/8k extra who don't go Goodison due to because they won't pay 35quid for restricted views

Then 7/8k newcomers at least attracted by the prospect of a new era.. West Ham got about 15/20k of these but their ST prices are buttons!

We could fill a 60/65k if we dropped prices to what West Ham have and we had a strong last few seasons at Goodison IMO, it is extremely unlikely this would happen as West Ham can only afford it due to their free stadium..

West Ham can price their season tickets at quite a low price because their expanded capacity has equally came at relatively low cost.

From memory West Ham contributed £15m to the conversion cost plus a rent of £2.5m per annum, for an extra twenty-five thousand seats.

It's therefore in their interest to sell them all and fortunately it's financially viable for them to offer a competitive rate for each seat to do so.

If we're to move to a new 50k capacity stadium then the outlay will be much higher per extra seat, plus the cost of the original attendance.

Increased attendances will subsequently bring additional costs, so it's all well and good saying make it this or that but it has to be financially viable.

Obviously there'll be the potential for sizeable extra revenue from commercial and hospitality as @The Esk has rightly mentioned.

Yet that'll only cover part of the cost, thus ultimately they will only build enough seats that they are confident to fill at or above current prices.

That's simply why I can't see a stadium around the sixty to seventy thousand mark as if there's empty seats it'll hit the profit margins!

The stadium will be built to last 100 years+ - In the past 100 years we've had massive crowds(70k+) and small crowds(20k-)
What I'm saying is that clubs fortunes change over time - if we don't factor this in in the size of the stadium then it will cost big in the future
to change it.
It's hard enough to get unobstructed view seats at an old Goodison if you're a non-ST holder right now - add the shiny stadium plus a bit of success......

Definitely mate. It's important that we price it right for mums and dads to be able to make a day of it and take kids with them, kids then become teenagers who go with their mates, then they get older and become dad's and take their sons and daughterd. That's how it's always been but I want us to be the dominant force in the city where we are the go to team to support.

People who have ran our club have allowed us to be in the shadows of the RS for far too long. A move to a fine 55-60k on the banks of the Mersey could be one of the most important moves in our history, a new proud chapter for us all to enjoy and prosper from hopefully mate.

Absolutely it would set the club for decades to come. Way past our bedtime for most folk posting on GOT now.

The stadium will be built to last 100 years+ - In the past 100 years we've had massive crowds(70k+) and small crowds(20k-)
What I'm saying is that clubs fortunes change over time - if we don't factor this in in the size of the stadium then it will cost big in the future
to change it.
It's hard enough to get unobstructed view seats at an old Goodison if you're a non-ST holder right now - add the shiny stadium plus a bit of success......

Already been covered.

City were getting good attendances at Maine Road, they've won plenty since moving to the Etihad and they're still left with lots of empty seats on a regular basis. And let's be realistic, a new stadium will not make us into the next City. We are too constrained by wage rules to start buying loads of players and guaranteeing trophies.

Anything over 60,000 seats would be delusions of grandeur and I'd say 55,000 with copious amounts of hospitality would be perfectly fine. It's the hospitality that will get us the big income boost anyway.

to change it.
When moshiri purchased Everton he used a data analytics company to crunch the numbers he won't be basing the capacity decision on one or two factors he will potentially have looked into numerous external Factors & used independent experts to assess then.

I'm no expert but issues such as anticipated population increases in Merseyside & trends for attendance increases across a broad spectrum of sports whereby teams acquire a new strain rather than just looking at our own situation we need to think big.

I hope we build it big 60k minimum then relish the challenge to fill it & go for it or at the very least ensure expansion is able to be completed with relative ease if it is 50/55k.

Already been covered.

City were getting good attendances at Maine Road, they've won plenty since moving to the Etihad and they're still left with lots of empty seats on a regular basis.

That's mostly because of the people who buy their seats. A large section of the City seats sold are bought by companies in Manchester or surrounding areas, who simply cant get tickets to United. A company will buy 2, 3, 4 season tickets and just leave them empty for the games they don't see as being a big draw for their clients. That's why they can say they've sold x number of tickets while its visibly empty. I know a few people/companies who do it.

When moshiri purchased Everton he used a data analytics company to crunch the numbers he won't be basing the capacity decision on one or two factors he will potentially have looked into numerous external Factors & used independent experts to assess then.

I'm no expert but issues such as anticipated population increases in Merseyside & trends for attendance increases across a broad spectrum of sports whereby teams acquire a new strain rather than just looking at our own situation we need to think big.

I hope we build it big 60k minimum then relish the challenge to fill it & go for it or at the very least ensure expansion is able to be completed with relative ease if it is 50/55k.

I am confident that it wont be below a 60k all seater stadium.

Already been covered.

City were getting good attendances at Maine Road, they've won plenty since moving to the Etihad and they're still left with lots of empty seats on a regular basis. And let's be realistic, a new stadium will not make us into the next City. We are too constrained by wage rules to start buying loads of players and guaranteeing trophies.

Anything over 60,000 seats would be delusions of grandeur and I'd say 55,000 with copious amounts of hospitality would be perfectly fine. It's the hospitality that will get us the big income boost anyway.

They averaged over 54K in a 55K arena last season

I am confident that it wont be below a 60k all seater stadium.
Really hope so would absolutely love to take my kids to a world class stadium on the docks once there old enough.

Already been covered.

I agree. I don't think we would fill it every game but we should build a 60K stadium. To me that strikes a nice balance of size which equals cheaper tickets and more availability and worrying that it would feel empty in certain games.

However as you said the money isn't made there.

With regard to the water treatment plant and the smells.. maybe the plant hasn't needed to contain the smells so much as there's not much around there at the moment. If Moshiri is planning on building this multi hundred million pound stadium along with the proposed "football quarter" of bars, restaurants and hotels... I can't for a second believe they haven't investigated this issue.

I assume the waste treatment works is that ugly building in the background.......

JS86607981.jpg