New Everton Stadium Discussion

Got to be minimum 50k for me, wouldn't even be against it being 55k for starters. We have to be of the mindset that we will be successful again, that we will be the number one club in the city and that we will be the go to club for future generations to support.

Accessible, affordable for all and success on the pitch will bring the fans in. We can't just think about the last 25 years of being starved of silverware and success, we have to believe in the next 25 years we will be a force again and challenging for honours.
If you build it will they come .....hopefully!

As a condition of their lease West Ham must provide Newham Council with (from memory) a couple of thousand tickets per game to be distributed into the local community.
West Ham probably insisted on that condition so they could class them as Season Tickets to massage the figures!

If you build it will they come .....hopefully!

Definitely mate. It's important that we price it right for mums and dads to be able to make a day of it and take kids with them, kids then become teenagers who go with their mates, then they get older and become dad's and take their sons and daughterd. That's how it's always been but I want us to be the dominant force in the city where we are the go to team to support.

People who have ran our club have allowed us to be in the shadows of the RS for far too long. A move to a fine 55-60k on the banks of the Mersey could be one of the most important moves in our history, a new proud chapter for us all to enjoy and prosper from hopefully mate.

Just build 70k and the sell seats like Liverpool do for £9 (nine), yes, £9 (nine) to go to a premier league game.

Then we can ignore the fact that we sell tickets for £9 (nine) and just pretend were a massive club and laugh at our rivals who pay £40+ to sit behind wooden posts as they're the only seats that aren't held by season ticket holders.

needs to be at least 55k. West ham fill their stadium and their fans are sat a mile from the pitch
West Ham can price their season tickets at quite a low price because their expanded capacity has equally came at relatively low cost.

From memory West Ham contributed £15m to the conversion cost plus a rent of £2.5m per annum, for an extra twenty-five thousand seats.

It's therefore in their interest to sell them all and fortunately it's financially viable for them to offer a competitive rate for each seat to do so.

If we're to move to a new 50k capacity stadium then the outlay will be much higher per extra seat, plus the cost of the original attendance.

Increased attendances will subsequently bring additional costs, so it's all well and good saying make it this or that but it has to be financially viable.

Obviously there'll be the potential for sizeable extra revenue from commercial and hospitality as @The Esk has rightly mentioned.

Yet that'll only cover part of the cost, thus ultimately they will only build enough seats that they are confident to fill at or above current prices.

That's simply why I can't see a stadium around the sixty to seventy thousand mark as if there's empty seats it'll hit the profit margins!

West Ham can price their season tickets at quite a low price because their expanded capacity has equally came at relatively low cost.

From memory West Ham contributed £15m to the conversion cost plus a rent of £2.5m per annum, for an extra twenty-five thousand seats.

It's therefore in their interest to sell them all and fortunately it's financially viable for them to offer a competitive rate for each seat to do so.

If we're to move to a new 50k capacity stadium then the outlay will be much higher per extra seat, plus the cost of the original attendance.

Increased attendances will subsequently bring additional costs, so it's all well and good saying make it this or that but it has to be financially viable.

Obviously there'll be the potential for sizeable extra revenue from commercial and hospitality as @The Esk has rightly mentioned.

Yet that'll only cover part of the cost, thus ultimately they will only build enough seats that they are confident to fill at or above current prices.

That's simply why I can't see a stadium around the sixty to seventy thousand mark as if there's empty seats it'll hit the profit margins!

Just as a thought in terms of per seat costings, what can Wham ever make from stadium naming sponsorship? I would guess nothing as its not theirs. We could, and with the position of it, that number could far outweigh what Wham are saving by having the taxpayer cover their costs.

Man City got lucky that they got the free stadium with a running track and could convert it to a proper football stadium,WHU is their case IIRC have to keep the running track.

WHU fans are already pining for Upton park,was a silly move on their part as they will never match the atmosphere that their old home brought.

Just a horrible soulless stadium they play in now,reminds me of the old Juve stadium that was so far away from the pitch and it was around 30% full for games even when they were the top team in Italy,i see the novelty wearing thin soon for WHU and that stadium will be half full as the matchday experience is so fake,plastic and such a novelty,Juve's btw their new stadium is one of the best for atmospheres in Europe and only has 41000K capacity.

Just as a thought in terms of per seat costings, what can Wham ever make from stadium naming sponsorship? I would guess nothing as its not theirs. We could, and with the position of it, that number could far outweigh what Wham are saving by having the taxpayer cover their costs.

They have a revenue sharing deal on the naming rights mate

I just hope the design for the stadium is quirky and unique. There are so many boring bowl shaped stadiums with nothing about them. The likes of The Ethiad and The Emirates may be modern and polished but there is nothing to them, they are very unremarkable. And the atmosphere frequently is lifeless. For me, The Lucas Oil stadium is a design that should definitely be used for inspiration, especially apt given the proposed dock site. Yeah you can build a huge shiny mega stadium that you can certainly notice but how many new stadiums these days actually consider the local architecture?

I'm not 100% certain but didn't Citeh sell the naming rights whilst it was still owned by the council?

Stadium naming rights can obviously contribute to a club's finances but they're not the golden ticket that people regularly believe they can be.

For example, Arsenal's stadium naming rights (combined with shirt sponsorship) was £100m over fifteen years. That was just £6.6m per annum!

They updated that deal in 2012, extending the contract to 2028 for stadium naming rights and a five year shirt deal, for a total of £150m.

On the face of it that might look at £30m per annum of sponsorship, but if you separate the shirt and stadium then the latter is not a huge fee.

Then not to be a kill joy, you then have to consider our size, stature, global image and location compared to that of a team in wealthy London.

Without European football and the recent history of Arsenal as a factor (when the original deal was signed) would be justify such a deal?

Taking the Blue tinted glasses off I'd say no as we don't even currently poses European football. So, while it'll be a factor it won't be a huge one.

Therefore, we'll still be heavily reliant on ensuring that we can regularly sell each seat at or above the current rate that they're available for.

Don't bet me wrong, I would love the club to build a huge, modern and iconic stadium and regularly fill it - I just don't see it as realistic yet.

Hence why I think the fifty to fifty-five thousand mark, with capability for quick and affordable extension if need be, is what we'll aim for.

I just hope the design for the stadium is quirky and unique. There are so many boring bowl shaped stadiums with nothing about them. The likes of The Ethiad and The Emirates may be modern and polished but there is nothing to them, they are very unremarkable. And the atmosphere frequently is lifeless. For me, The Lucas Oil stadium is a design that should definitely be used for inspiration, especially apt given the proposed dock site. Yeah you can build a huge shiny mega stadium that you can certainly notice but how many new stadiums these days actually consider the local architecture?

There aren't many stadiums around the world that can effectively set the tone of the future surrounding architecture. That's what this can do due to the large amount of regeneration it will start.