New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • When it comes to preventing injuries, Paco de Miguel has a very simple theory. "The closer a player is to peak physical fitness, the higher risk of injury there is". That is why Benítez's right-hand man prefers to have his players at around 85% of their peak fitness levels.

No danger of that here, Paco.

So our players will be even slower!?

No. You're creating a false equivalent to suit your needs.

Let me be clear. I think it's okay to "hate" my rival team and everything about them. Especially when their former manager was derogatory towards us on a near continu basis for 6 years. I don't want to actually physically hurt then or anything like that but I despise them and everything they stand for. His "small club" comment was part of that as was our reference to us being "the people's club" (even though we are.

That's all banter. Healthy rivalry.

I would expect the RS fans to be disgusted if Moyes was appointed there. And rightfully so. And in that instance I'd expect Moyes to get the same treatment.
Fair play to you for a reasoned response

Have seen the clip that you refer to. He also gives a lucid and plausible explanation of the 'small club' comment. He admitted getting his words wrong meaning we were a small team (squad) which was and still is correct.
Yes, indeed, also worth highlighting.

When he said 'small club' he apparently meant more 'small team' which was a reaction to how we set up to completely stifle a 0-0 out of Anfield at the time.

• When it comes to preventing injuries, Paco de Miguel has a very simple theory. "The closer a player is to peak physical fitness, the higher risk of injury there is". That is why Benítez's right-hand man prefers to have his players at around 85% of their peak fitness levels.
What's the logic behind this? genuinely interested to know. Actually sounds a bit backwards to me..

No danger of that here, Paco.
Rodriguez won’t be playing anytime soon then, Not even close to that figure.

People falling over themselves to say that actually he didn't mean to say 'small club', he meant to say 'footballing behemoth' but just couldn't quite find the right words and it was lost in translation. Have some self respect eh? By all means forgive him for it, but let's not pretend that what he said was anything other than a deliberate slight at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.