New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not a fan of Benitez as a man but the guy has won the Champions League, the FA Cup and La Liga (TWICE). He’s been to TWO European Cup finals, obviously winning one of them. He also recently won the Europa League and established Newcastle in the Premier League with the smallest budget in the league before they inevitably went down.

Would Potter, with his 25% win rate, be better?

Every kopite I know is fuming at the prospect of him joining us, which can only be a good thing.
So a couple of sentimental Liverpool fans you know are fuming? Who gives a toss seriously? I’m sure they don’t care in the great scheme of things, not like it’s going to affect them is it?

What would the reaction to the appointment of Benitez be if he had never managed Liverpool?

Would it be the same as when we appointed Carlo ? , which was overwhelmingly positive.

Carlo was/is as much an over the hill manager as Benitez and for me that is the concern but I felt that Carlo had enough knowledge, experience and respect in the game that he would improve us substantially, I still believe that would have happened.
How can I make a different argument about Benitez ?

It all comes back to the Liverpool connection and in particular one two minute interview which he gave in a fit of anger and frustration.
I don't want him because it would be a very divisive appointment splitting the support base and initially at least creating a bad atmosphere at the club. There is also of course the risk that he is actually well past his sell by date, but then every appointment is a risk anyway as we certainly have found out 5o our cost.

I think Moshiri has made the decision that he wants managers with experience and pedigree to spend the money he is investing as far too much has already been wasted.

Of course, if Benitez is appointed and we are lucky enough that he dramatically improves the fortunes of our club it will be the ultimate sickened for the fans of our neighbouring club.

Everybody has an opinion about this and I respect that, I certainly am not trying to change the mind of anybody else just trying to clarify my own thoughts about where we are.
This is my thought process and some idiot trying to insult it will not change it.
But, anybody giving a reasoned disagreement is more than welcome.
I can understand the parallels you've drawn to Ancelotti mate but I actually think Benitez is closer to Pelligrini by way of comparison - who i also wouldn't be happy with.

Ultimately, like you, I just want the team to do well. Benitez being the manager wouldn't cheapen a trophy win for example. And I would still support the team obviously. I just don't rate him as a manager anymore. And the Liverpool connection is clearly unhelpful, but I suspect would be less of an issue if we were after brendan Rodgers for example.

What would the reaction to the appointment of Benitez be if he had never managed Liverpool?

Would it be the same as when we appointed Carlo ? , which was overwhelmingly positive.

Carlo was/is as much an over the hill manager as Benitez and for me that is the concern but I felt that Carlo had enough knowledge, experience and respect in the game that he would improve us substantially, I still believe that would have happened.
How can I make a different argument about Benitez ?

It all comes back to the Liverpool connection and in particular one two minute interview which he gave in a fit of anger and frustration.
I don't want him because it would be a very divisive appointment splitting the support base and initially at least creating a bad atmosphere at the club. There is also of course the risk that he is actually well past his sell by date, but then every appointment is a risk anyway as we certainly have found out 5o our cost.

I think Moshiri has made the decision that he wants managers with experience and pedigree to spend the money he is investing as far too much has already been wasted.

Of course, if Benitez is appointed and we are lucky enough that he dramatically improves the fortunes of our club it will be the ultimate sickened for the fans of our neighbouring club.

Everybody has an opinion about this and I respect that, I certainly am not trying to change the mind of anybody else just trying to clarify my own thoughts about where we are.
This is my thought process and some idiot trying to insult it will not change it.
But, anybody giving a reasoned disagreement is more than welcome.
Without the RS connection I still would have been disappointed.
He seems like a manager way past his best and outdated tactically.
I have never looked at a FSW team and thought that I wanted Everton to play that way,
The RS connection is just a bloody twist of the knife.

Where do you get the substance from that statement. Have you spoken to all the players. Do you think they are all as stupid as some if the posters here
They players downed tools on Carlo there certain ain’t gonna give anything to a manager that no blue wants and will be sacked within months

Status
Not open for further replies.