New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to think of who the board could have went out and got that was a more divisive appointment.

The really worryingly thing here is they learned nothing from Allardyce, he was universally unpopular, didn't matter what he did - and he did better then most would accept position wise compared to others - he would never tbe accepted by the fanbase. That enmity and separation was the trigger for the end of his time here.

All those ingredients exist with Benitiez, in fact its 50 times worse, if you went out picked a manger with a profile who would never be accepted by Evertonians its him, its like they went out of their way to do it.

Worrying thing is we've learned nothing from the past and are just repeating the same mistakes.

a crap defensive manager with more medals than you've had hot dinners.
This makes no sense. As far as I am aware @nsno-chris is not a professional football manager.

I mean he could be to be fair. If so I would take him over Benitez too.

And of course he has not won more medals than he has had hot dinners. Tell you who has probably has ate more hot dinners then @nsno-chris though. Benitez. The fat shed.

seen a few posts on here suggesting we should be happy with the current favorites as there is really not much to choose from in available managers. Frightening! the following are currently available based on us being in the Premiere league and having cash - :

Galtier
Favre
Fonseca
Garcia
Conte

Gallardo
Potter

Thats just like off the top of my head - all been discussed in the previous 1421 pages...

Given that list it seems almost like Everton's board is a kakistocracy (look it up) who's Directors are acting in a negligent way.
If RB were to fall through, who knows what will happen.

I don't think NES will be as interested as he might have been.

Martinez comes strongly into the running then I think, if all sides were prepared to wait.

Other than that, the worry then is that they'll settle on someone out of desperation which isn't how a manager should be appointed. Some will say we are there already regardless.

If the worst came to the worse and we employed Benitez, even if we win a trophy( lol), it would forever be thrown in our faces by rival fans and pundits galore, don't think I'm ready for that at all, and I'm dying for us to win a trophy, long overdue.

Just an update on the market. Sky Bet now offer 1/3 Benitez. Was 1/12 yesterday I believe. Looks like may not be coming after all....what a shame. Seems that Lucien Favre is the one attracting support for what it it is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.